A single man....

uwsman2
This topic is 5292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Be still, my heart.... Nicholas Hoult as "Kenny" in "A Single Man." Anybody into young blond hunks who sees this movie will be in deep lust.... And the other young men in the film aren't too hard on the eyes, either. Matthew Goode, who plays the deceased lover in flashbacks, is tall, dark and gorgeous. But the big surprise is Jon Kortajarena, a Spanish actor who is cast in a tiny role (one scene) during which he absolutely dazzles - the young Spaniard who gives George the heavy cruise at the convenience store....

And, of course, Colin Firth, looking fabulous in middle-age as George, the central character in this epic about the emotional travails of the recently widowered gay man, based on the Isherwood novel of the same title.

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it tremendously. Snide comments by critics about first-time director Tom Ford being more obsessed with what the characters were wearing and how the sets were directed than about the things directors are supposed to pay attention to are pure bullshit. This is very fine film-making.

See it

Saw it at the 23rd St. theater in Chelsea.

Enjoyed it. I agree that there is some youthful eye candy to entertain you and tease you with nudity.... In addition to what is mentioned above, I thought Julianne Moore put in a captivating performance as the aging socialite living next door.

Didn't realize that being a college professor could be this much fun.

Coop

Archived