Epigonos Prune Cake Recipe

KMEM
This topic is 5265 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I started this thread to give credit to Epigonos for posting a recipe that I tried and everyone who had some, liked. Here is the recipe:

Prune Cake

1.5 cups sugar

3 large eggs

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup butter, melted

1 tsp cinnamon, ground

1 tsp Allspice, ground

1 tsp clove, ground

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 cup prunes, stewed until soft

1 cup raisins, soaked in warm water

1 cup walnuts, chopped

1.75 cups flour

Cream the sugar and the eggs together. Mix soda with buttermilk. Sift flour, spices and baking powder together 3 times. Mix with hands stewed prunes, raisins and walnuts. Add the prune mixture to the sugar and eggs and mix well. Add flour a little at a time alternating with buttermilk and butter and mix well. Pour batter into buttered and floured spring form pan and bake in center of pre-heated oven at 325 for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

That is the recipe as posted. Here is what I did.

Mix together prunes, raisins and walnuts in one bowl. Melt butter in one bowl. Add every other ingredient in another bowl, stir, then add all ingredients together and mix with a whisk until well blended. Then pour into what I had available which was a Bundt pan, sprayed with Pam and floured. Then cook as directed. Delicious.

Best regards,

KMEM

Archived