New Phoenix Strip club.

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 5317 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just heard that we have a new Phoenix Strip club...Babylon Showclub. It is in the old location of Dicks Cabaret, on Van Buren. Their website is http://www.babylonshowclub.com Not much on that site yet, but it links to their myspace which has a little more info..

From my "sources", it has no cover.. serves alcohol..so the boys cannot go total nude.. just down to gstrings/undies, etc...there are 13 stripper poles thru out the club..lapdances are allowed, *I am stilling waiting on an update as to what can or cant go on during lapdances*

I will "take one for the team* and try to make it over there, but since I leave for Rio in 8 days, dont know if it will be before then..

Guest zipperzone
Just heard that we have a new Phoenix Strip club...Babylon Showclub. It is in the old location of Dicks Cabaret, on Van Buren. Their website is http://www.babylonshowclub.com Not much on that site yet, but it links to their myspace which has a little more info..

From my "sources", it has no cover.. serves alcohol..so the boys cannot go total nude.. just down to gstrings/undies, etc...there are 13 stripper poles thru out the club..lapdances are allowed, *I am stilling waiting on an update as to what can or cant go on during lapdances*

I will "take one for the team* and try to make it over there, but since I leave for Rio in 8 days, dont know if it will be before then..

I rather see them have no booze and allow the guys to be naked.

Lurker,

I must check out this new club now that I am back in the valley. I loved the old Dick's location and it looks like it has been nicely remodeled. I have not read anything in the local gay press about the new club. By the way-- I always get to touch the goodies at Dick's!

Peace,

Kipp

I was in Phoenix and stopped by on Tuesday night. Keep in mind that it was around 9 when I got to the bar. The bar has been remodeled well and looks like they spent quite a bit of money. As stated earlier, they do have a full bar, so nudity is not allowed. Everyone that was working at the bar was very pleasant; I got the feeling that the owners really coached the employees regarding customer service. There were 6 or 7 dancers on that evening; I was told that the number would be double on the weekend nights. There is a VIP area for semi-private dances (nothing separates the VIP area from the rest of the bar except a few steps). The VIP area is $20 per song, but sounds like that is somewhat negotiable in the beginning stages of the bar. I talked with one of the daners, Danny, for quite awhile. He was very engaging and did a great private.....definately seek him out if you are at the bar. The remainder of the dancers were pretty twinkish/soft which isn't really my taste.

It sounds like they consciously have not done a lot of advertising to this point. Primarily, sounds as though they are still working through the new business kinks and want everything 'just right' before advertising. I was told that they had a great weekend (their first)just by word of mouth. Finally, this was apparently a female strip bar, previously. The employees told me that quite a few straight men still wonder into the bar expecting to see females and that the look on their faces, as they enter, is priceless.

i did a quick stop by tonite..

The club itself is very nice. Much nicer in fact, than either dicks or II Dicks.. No cover.. I stopped in around 12:45 tonite (Saturday). Just got off work and since it was the start of my birthday, thought I would check it out.... Only 4 dancers.. three of which were ex-Dicks Cabaret dancers..About 12 customers...One dancer (the non=dicks employee) quoted me $20 for 30 minutes for lapdance, while one of the others said $20 per song..I told him I thought that was a little steep for a non-nude lap dance, and he replied that he didnt want to sell himself short...

It was 2-4-1 drinks and they were very reasonably priced (Stoli vodka for $4)..I would definitely recommend the place, but I hope they can get more dancers and more customers in to help create some energy in the place.

My one comment/suggestion is to have the DJ announce or name the dancers. In the time I was there, I only heard the DJ say one dancer's name once..

Club Babylon ???'s

Luther and Blondeq,

Thanks for the "heads up" about the new Phoenix stripper club. I'll be on two back-to-back overnight lay-overs in PHX next week. Looking forward to checking out the nearly-naked guys (especially "Danny") at Club Babylon. Approximately how far is this club from Sky Harbor Airport? Is the club in a safe part of town? Cheers!

I don't know Phoenix well, but Babylon is probably 10-15 minutes from Skyharbor. The area didn't seem to be in a 'bad' part of town; in fact, it is a little strange in that the club located on a very large lot, so it seems like it is surrounded by no other buildings. My impression is that the club is in a relatively safe part of the city.

actually it is less than 5 minutes from the airport.. it is a fairly industrial part of town where it is located. The street it is on (Van Buren) used to be known for its female hookers, but they have been cleaned up and moved out the last few years..........and the area is seeing some revitalization. If you want, let me know what days you are in town and if you have any questions or would like company, I might be able to meet you.. I will be out of town on vacation (LOOK OUT RIO>>>Here I come) until Wednesday the 25th, tho.

Good Feedback

Thanks for the good feedback on the club and location, guys.

Luther, I'll be in Phoenix while you are in Rio... I'm sure I'll have fun in PHX, but definitely envy you, man. Thanks for the thoughtful offer. Perhaps another time when we are both in town--would be fun to "man watch" with you at Club Babylon, I'm sure. Enjoy your trip!

Archived