Bourbon Hotel in Sao Paulo -

imrthr
This topic is 5355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest EuropTravl

? I've been all over the world and don't think I've ever paid attention to whether a hotel manager smiled or scowled. Sometimes I LIKE a Leonna Helmsley (as long as I'm not working for her). Sorry your friend(s) got fired.

Never knew their was a "gay" district. ?Largo Arouche (sp?) area?

? I've been all over the world and don't think I've ever paid attention to whether a hotel manager smiled or scowled. Sometimes I LIKE a Leonna Helmsley (as long as I'm not working for her). Sorry your friend(s) got fired.

Never knew their was a "gay" district. ?Largo Arouche (sp?) area?

I stayed at the Bourbon in mid-August and noticed none of this. No scowling manager, no loud music, no unhappy employees. Everything was just fine. I liked my room very much, and the neighborhood was a real hoot. So, if it is changed, that will be a sorry situation.

I stayed at the Bourbon in mid-August and noticed none of this. No scowling manager, no loud music, no unhappy employees. Everything was just fine. I liked my room very much, and the neighborhood was a real hoot. So, if it is changed, that will be a sorry situation.

Guest EuropTravl

What is the name of the new hotel you prefer?

I looked on Trip Advisor, saw there were 5 reviews for the Bourbon, very mixed and covering a number of years. I know hotel personnel round the world tend to keep and eye on that particular board. Might be worth a visit for you, but I'd keep it concrete (plastic flowers, obnoxious music) and not personal (who they fire is up to them).

I think I probably have been to the gay district in SP after all. Went to a place called "Queen" and saw a funny drag show.

I'd like to get around and quit staying in the Jardins but my buddy who stays with me wants to get out of Largo Arouche area (lives nearby) and stay IN a fancy hotel in the Jardins. So there you go.

Bourbon

It is quite obvious that you are unhappy with the new management at this hotel and appear to be asking other gays to stop staying at the hotel; thus boycotting the hotel. This is all fine and dandy, but you offer no other alternative for a "gay friendly" place to stay despite requests from other viewers of this thread.

Personally speaking as a manager with over 100 employees, I would not take kindly to others trying to micro-manage my facility. The reason(s) for firing or transferring an employee is not for public disclosure. After all, there is more to meet the eye than that which is exposed on the surface.

I applaude your efforts to help out the gay ex-employee at the hotel. However, on this thread, help us all out by simply stating, for example, hotel XXXX is not longer gay-friendly, hotel YYYYY is much better for the gay traveler. We would all benefit from such information.

What is the name of the new hotel you prefer?

I looked on Trip Advisor, saw there were 5 reviews for the Bourbon, very mixed and covering a number of years. I know hotel personnel round the world tend to keep and eye on that particular board. Might be worth a visit for you, but I'd keep it concrete (plastic flowers, obnoxious music) and not personal (who they fire is up to them).

I think I probably have been to the gay district in SP after all. Went to a place called "Queen" and saw a funny drag show.

I'd like to get around and quit staying in the Jardins but my buddy who stays with me wants to get out of Largo Arouche area (lives nearby) and stay IN a fancy hotel in the Jardins. So there you go.

?

My experience with the Bourbon has been excellent. I like the hotel and I have grown to like the neighborhood. People can decide for themselves where to stay without being drawn into some personal vendetta. You haven't convinced me that this is something other than a personal quarrel.

My experience with the Bourbon has been excellent. I like the hotel and I have grown to like the neighborhood. People can decide for themselves where to stay without being drawn into some personal vendetta. You haven't convinced me that this is something other than a personal quarrel.

imthr-- I find the quoted post to be quite bizarre. You posted a lot about the Bourbon Hotel, yet you are reluctant to just give the name and address of your alternative. Now you have me questioning the validity of your initial post.

One doesn't have to stay at a hotel more than once to make a valid recommendation. When I've used the hotels which I've booked through http://www.hotwire.com , upon my return home-- this company has immendiately sent me an email soliciting an evaluation.

I think you can do this in terms of the second hotel where you stayed.

Or, perhaps, as one writer wrote-- you perhaps had a "hissy fit" or whatever and just thought you'd vent! I hope this is not the case!

Which is it?

B

Archived