a member paid website question

OceanTraveller
This topic is 5444 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had paid to become a member of a website . I bought a 30 day non recurring plan . I noticed that I was being cancelled early I thought . I signed up again and kep a record and sure enough I was being cancelled at 27 days not 30 . Is this not cheating people ? If I were to sign up again for 10 months I would have paid for 30 days that I did not get .:mad:

Guest greatness

well

You can contact its customer service and ask for your 3 days. Usually they comply to your request.

I had paid to become a member of a website . I bought a 30 day non recurring plan . I noticed that I was being cancelled early I thought . I signed up again and kep a record and sure enough I was being cancelled at 27 days not 30 . Is this not cheating people ? If I were to sign up again for 10 months I would have paid for 30 days that I did not get .:mad:

Guest ryan2552

Sorry to hear that you were being canceled too soon. Most sites are very legit these days so check to be certain its a 30 day signup. Generally if the price for recurring and not are the same the not is a few days less.

However if it is supposed to be a full 30 days just contact them. I'm sure they will correct the situation for you. If not share the site so we can all avoid it.

??

Did it really say 30 days? Or did it say one month?

30 days has September... and one of those suckers has 28.

It's not an excuse in any way, shape or form, but some programmers will use date-manipulation libraries that deal with a "month" perhaps in ways you might not have considered. (Why would you???)The programmers typically don't have any clue what management MEANT much less what the users expect.

By all means, call them on it!

Guest ryan2552
I've contacted them and it was definitely 30 days non recurring and I paid a higher fee for the non recurring . That is 6 days total for the 2 months that I had signed up !!:mad: Three days each month which is 30 days in a 10 month period . I will let you know .

If its a legit site they will work with you. If payment was made through one of the larger payment processing companies they too might work with you. Lastly, you can always do a merchant charge back through your bank if you're unhappy with the results.

On a personal note I never pay the non-recurring fee. I will take the recurring membership fee then cancel after it becomes active. I don't want to pay the extra few dollars for the convenience of not having to cancel when I can do so immediately upon activation. Just my preference.

Archived