A computer question

dcguy20
This topic is 5438 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

First off - I wasn't sure what thread to post this is on. I've noticed that after spending anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes on the internet, my computer would give me an error message and bounce me off the internet. This has been extremely frustrating, as I had to send my computer out to be serviced twice within the last month (this is a new occurrence though and not part of the original problem - or so I think). Now it seems that I have pinpointed the site(s) that is/are giving me problems; one of them being men4rent.

Does anyone know what about that site would be affecting my computer so much so that I always end up with an error message? Would this be prevented by using Firefox? How I figured out that part of the equation is I noticed when I don't log onto that site, the error message never occurs, no matter how long I spend on the internet. And it usually did not occur instantaneously upon entering that site. The other site was one in which I would watch videos, and the error would happen almost immediately.

Any information would be most helpful. Thanks.

Guest ryan2552

Hi sorry to hear about this frustrating issue you have. Usually tech related post find good answers when posted in daddys forum. That way deej or daddy will see it and each have advanced computer knowledge.

When reading your post the first thing that jumped out at me was you might have a site accidentally blocked or is being blocked by your browsers content controls or computer firewall.

I wonder if you have the same issue if using a different browser like IE. Also you might want to post the error message that will give others a better indication of what you might be dealing with.

Archived