Gladys Knight "I Will Survive"

stripfan
This topic is 5499 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As I was watching American Idol last night (Disco Night), I thought about Gloria Gaynor and "I Will Survive" while looking on youtube, I came across a great, slow version by Gladys Knight. It may be old news, but I certainly enjoyed it.

The actual singing starts about the 2 minute mark of the video. Enjoy

stripfan

Rick, I must respectfully (very respectfully) disagree. As a matter of fact, with the way Ms. Ross was wearing her hair, for the first five minutes I thought she had lost her right eye in some horrible accident.

:p meow :D

with the way Ms. Ross was wearing her hair, for the first five minutes I thought she had lost her right eye in some horrible accident.

That's one of the reasons I like it so much. That, and the awful 90's synth music, RuPaul lipsyncing for no reason, Diana's horrible orange suit, and most of all, Diana Ross jumping into a mosh pit of drag queens...it's all really bad, which is why I love it so much. (But btw, the video is 5 mins. and 26 seconds long...does her hairstyle change in the last 26 seconds? :p )

Guest TBinCHI

Stripfan, thanks for posting this. This is my first visit back to the site after a recent breakup and an even more recent and extended hospital stay. The clip is very inspirational as well as a showcase of her talent. Makes me want to jump right back into action!

Amazing

Stripfan,

Thanks for posting. This lady can sing. She has an unbelievable talent and passion that comes through her music. I wore out my last recording of this as well. I appreciate the kind of music that lifts your heart and your head a little higher. :D

Welcome Back TBinCHI/ great video stripfan

Stripfan, thanks for posting this. This is my first visit back to the site after a recent breakup and an even more recent and extended hospital stay. The clip is very inspirational as well as a showcase of her talent. Makes me want to jump right back into action!

Sorry to hear about you recent break up and hospital visit glad your back in action.:)

xo David

Archived