Post Editing Time

Scorpio
This topic is 5523 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just noticed that a member was able to edit his post almost 24 hours after it was originally posted. The post editing time frame seems to be unlimited. I found that had I wanted to I could have edited a post I made 5 days ago.

I see this causing a lot of problems in the future. Like it did in the early days of the Message Center.

I just noticed that a member was able to edit his post almost 24 hours after it was originally posted. The post editing time frame seems to be unlimited. I found that had I wanted to I could have edited a post I made 5 days ago.

I see this causing a lot of problems in the future. Like it did in the early days of the Message Center.

Yeah, we'll be watching it. I think the words "three strikes my ass!" were said by me.

Or maybe that was Cooper. He's editing me these days.

Another problem I see with this software is that if a post gets deleted there's no record (place holder as it were) within the context of the thread that it ever existed, which sort interferes with the thread continuity.

A prime example would be the post of yours which Cooper edited: that post has been deleted now but someone had responded to it first. And now that it's missing it sort of throws the continuity off. FWIW

Archived