Fort Lauderdale: Boardwalk

duke37

Boardwalk

1721 N. Andrews Ave.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

954-463-6969

http://www.boardwalkbar.com

open daily til 2 a.m.

Cover: $5 for which you get admission plus 2 dollar off drink tickets.

Private dances $20

The Dancers: 20-25 guys. On average built and attractive to (occasionally) really attractive. The theme of the guys is muscle and young jocks. Most of the guys seem to carry off the theme well. No nudity in the club but handling and fondling is encouraged. Latin guys are by far the most common type but a representive of other types available as well.

The Stage: A small stage up front where the guys dance. A very small stage in the back. A dancer starts on the main stage and then switches to the back. The rest of the time they work the room. Along one side of the bar is a row of couches where private dances are available. Privacy extremely limited. Occasionally dancers dance on main bar that dominates the center of the club.

The Patrons: Usual mix of normal strip club fans along with a surprising amount of hot guys. Large contingent of drag queens in the audience along with a drag mistress of ceremonies on stage.

The Vibe: Hustlery but friendly and all the guys are pretty pleasant as they work for your tips. Some dancers are more aggresive than others but easily took the word "No" for an answer. Patrons friendly and willing to fill you in.

Prospects: A few of the dancers are available for private shows but seemed pretty limited in what they were willing to do for the money. None of the guys seemed to take offense to the question so your results may be different. A couple of the guys mentioned working at the Gaiety in the near future and the ones who talked about it were certainly hot enough for Broadway. However they seemed pretty limited on what they were willing to do in the way of private shows so their appeal may be limited as well.

• 7 months later...

RE: Fort Lauderdale: Boardwalk Update

Can anyone update this old report?

I understand there is another club in

lauderdale, but have not seen review

on this site

>Boardwalk

>1721 N. Andrews Ave.

>Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

>954-463-6969

>http://www.boardwalkbar.com

>open daily til 2 a.m.

>

>Cover: $5 for which you get admission plus 2 dollar off drink

>tickets.

>Private dances $20

>

>The Dancers: 20-25 guys. On average built and attractive to

>(occasionally) really attractive. The theme of the guys is

>muscle and young jocks. Most of the guys seem to carry off the

>theme well. No nudity in the club but handling and fondling is

>encouraged. Latin guys are by far the most common type but a

>representive of other types available as well.

>

>The Stage: A small stage up front where the guys dance. A very

>small stage in the back. A dancer starts on the main stage and

>then switches to the back. The rest of the time they work the

>room. Along one side of the bar is a row of couches where

>private dances are available. Privacy extremely limited.

>Occasionally dancers dance on main bar that dominates the

>center of the club.

>

>The Patrons: Usual mix of normal strip club fans along with a

>surprising amount of hot guys. Large contingent of drag queens

>in the audience along with a drag mistress of ceremonies on

>stage.

>

>The Vibe: Hustlery but friendly and all the guys are pretty

>pleasant as they work for your tips. Some dancers are more

>aggresive than others but easily took the word "No" for an

>answer. Patrons friendly and willing to fill you in.

>

>Prospects: A few of the dancers are available for private

>shows but seemed pretty limited in what they were willing to

>do for the money. None of the guys seemed to take offense to

>the question so your results may be different. A couple of the

>guys mentioned working at the Gaiety in the near future and

>the ones who talked about it were certainly hot enough for

>Broadway. However they seemed pretty limited on what they were

>willing to do in the way of private shows so their appeal may

>be limited as well.

>Can anyone update this old report?

>I understand there is another club in

>lauderdale, but have not seen review

>on this site

(This "old" report is from only 7-8 months ago. How much do you think is likely to have changed since then?)

I was at the Boardwalk within the last week, and this FAQ is essentially the same as what I might have written based on what I found last week. A few minor differences, and I might have added a few details about the physical plant, but that's all. Remember, too, that this is a FAQ and not a review. It describes the place well and gives a good idea of the ambience.

There are currently 2 other strip clubs in Ft. Lauderdale (only 2, as far as I know). I don't think it is appropriate for me to comment on them in the FAQ for this club, but I will be posting a FAQ and (hopefully) writing a review shortly.

• 1 year later...

There are three (or maybe five) other strip clubs in Fort Lauderdale: Boardwalk, Johnny's, Torpedos, Dudes, and a few miles south in N. Miami is Cupid's-Miami (with full nudity and private rooms) and a few miles north in West Palm Beach is Cupid's - Palm Beach (with full nudity and private rooms).

• 1 year later...

RE: Fort Lauderdale: Boardwalk - update July 2006

Boardwalk has been spiffed up; all the changes are for the better.

Two small tabletop stages have been added on either end of the partition wall between the main room and the side room with the pool table, so there are now 4 guys dancing at a time. They rotate from the front stage to the back stage to the back tabletop to the front tabletop. I enjoyed this arrangement; there's more easily visible eye candy, and the dancers are more approachable when they're on the 3 smaller stages.

The pool room now sports a small bar against the back wall (perfect for getting up close to cute bartender Rodrigo). The couches in the pool room look new, and are used by the dancers to give lap dances. The lighting here is bright and the lap dances are quite public, but that didn't seem to inhibit the dancers and some of their clients. What goes on here is more or less what was allowed in the old back room.

The back room has changed significantly. The DJ's booth has been moved to the opposite end of the room and is almost entirely separated from the lap dance (now called "masssage") area by (I believe) a beaded curtain, so the dancers and their clients can't really be seen by the DJ. It is furnished with 5 or 6 massage chairs, the kind you straddle with your body angled forward and your head in a headrest so that your neck and shoulders can be massaged. However, the dancers (or at least my dancers) stand in front of you, and you're the one who gets to do the massaging (I leave to your imaginations what you can massage -- let me just add that it was not hidden behind anyone's lingerie either). It would be possible, if awkward, to massage with something other than your hand if the dancer was so inclined (I was offered this, for an additional fee, by one dancer).

The chairs are in view of each other, so if other clients are present, you or the dancer might feel inhibited.

The first dancer offered me 20 minutes for $20 and mentioned that tipping was optional. The second offered 10 minutes for $20 and didn't mention tipping. I'm told that 10 minutes is standard.

I had been refusing all offers of backroom dances at Boardwalk since my first time there. I'm very glad I let myself be persuaded this time (the dancer in question actually had to bring me into the room on a "no charge" basis to show me how it had changed). This is not a Montreal strip club by any means, but it's a vast improvement over what used to be, and you can have a good time with the right person. Since I only have a sample of 2 to base my conclusions on, I have no idea how typical my experience was.

Guest Tristan

RE: Fort Lauderdale: Boardwalk - update July 2006

I agree that the decor and layout has improved quite a bit. Just to add to the description, there are wide screen and regular TVs all around the place now with hot videos to help everyone get into the mood.

The house standard for lap dances is $20 for three songs. Each song lasts about five minutes. This is a good reference point to see if what the dancer is asking is reasonable. Of course, this is the base fee and does not include any "extras". As newatthis indicated, the DJ is now separated from the back room. That's a plus. You may find yourself in there alone if you're timing is right. In the few lap dances I've done in the new backroom, no dancer has hit me up for an extra $5 to pay off the DJ, as some did in the old back room.

Archived