Question re Stockbar Montreal

mobydick
This topic is 5718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been wondering - do the guys that dance at Stockbar have the same arrangement as other places - i.e. they pay the house to get up on stage? They are different from other clubs cuz they are being filmed the whole time they are on stage and also when they are "preparing." Doesn't seem right if they still have to pay for the privilege.

No begging necessary. Why not just ask if the dancers at Stock have to pay to dance there, even while being televised on stage or in the fluff room.

Even then, why would the management feel a need to tell you what their business practice is? Do you go into a restaurant and ask if the busboys get tipped out or do the managers share in the tips? When you get in a taxi, do you ask if he rents or owns it? If he rents it, what are the terms of the rental? Does he have to pay the owner to drive the taxi? What if he is on break, isn't it unfair to make him pay if he isn't driving?

If the dancers have to pay to perform (not that I disagree with this, the club has to make money) I wonder how dancing must pay for some as there are some dancers that I've never seen on the floor offering private dances or going into the back area with customers.

Dancers pay $5 per shift to the DJ for the privilege of being on that night's schedule. If the dancer needs to leave early, there is a $20 payment to the DJ to come off the schedule.

Dancers who appear on the webcast are paid approximately $1 per night that they appear. The monthly checks for this come from the DJ/webmaster approximately 90 days later. The club pays nothing else to the dancers.

Dancers are soliciting customers for $20 per song lap dances in the lap dance booths, in "the back."

If the dancer needs to leave early,

>there is a $20 payment to the DJ to come off the schedule.

Hmmm, It seems like extortion is moving North?? Maybe someone needs to get fired.

>Dancers who appear on the webcast are paid approximately $1

>per night that they appear. The monthly checks for this come

>from the DJ/webmaster approximately 90 days later. The club

>pays nothing else to the dancers.

Dancers get paid from http://www.nudemaledancers.com the amount comes out to about $1.00 each time they go on stage.

Unlike most other strip clubs in North America dancers at Stock dancers still only pay $5.00, most other clubs charge anywhere from $20 to $100 per night to work. Other smaller Montreal clubs are charging more already and are also charging dancers fees for being late and not covering there schedule.

Some dancer have left for greener pastures but before you know it many are back looking to show it all again where they began.

Archived