Stock Disappointment

camdencoguy74
This topic is 5796 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just returned from a wonderful stay in Montreal. Enjoyed the weather, a great erotic massage, incredible food, and the beauty of the botanical gardens, Old Montreal, and Parc Jean-Drapeau. However, I was very disappointed with Stock Bar this time. I went on both Thursday and Friday nights. There was little to no interaction between the dancers and the customers all night. I saw very few lap dances being given. In fact, if the dancers were not on stage, most of them were out front smoking and talking with each other. There were a few exceptions, such as long time dancer Daniel, but especially on a Friday night with a full house, you never saw more than 1 or two dancers mingling with the crowd. On stage, the dancers seemed less disinterested and very few came out with hardons. Are the dancers just there for social reasons, or are they there to make money? This has not been my experience over the years, but I was wondering if it has become the norm at Stock.

Anthony

>Are the dancers just there for social reasons, or are they

>there to make money? This has not been my experience over the

>years, but I was wondering if it has become the norm at

>Stock.

>

(I'm assuming your question was rhetorical since you appear to

have been to Stock several times before.)

I was in Montreal the weekend prior (to your visit) and found lots

of attention being 'paid' to/by several of the dancers (as was the case

in most of my previous visits, too.) I would estimate better than

8 of 10 would emerge on stage for their 'slow' song only with a hard-on evident while I was there Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

(I guess I must've hit the right weekend.) I've found, in past visits

if I'm not enjoying my time at one club, another (Campus or Taboo) usually fills the lull rather nicely. (Forget L'Adonis.) Sorry you weren't able to find that replacement experience while you were there. I'm heading back for an August re-visit.

:) :) :)

RE: L'Adonis

>(Forget L'Adonis.)

Mtlover and I both "forgot" L'Adonis last week because each time we stopped in, there were few customers and fewer dancers. But last Thursday (a night I didn't stop by), a friend at Taboo told me he had just left L'Adonis and it was really swinging. Their new [a href=http://www.ladonis.com/]website[/a] is further evidence that things are changing for the better (for one thing, it's maintained better than the Taboo or Campus sites). And one of their dancers is someone very good whom I met at Taboo a few months ago.

Guest Michaelnc

Anthony,

Would you be willing to say who you got the great erotic massage from? I am headed up to Montreal in August and would be happy to get a recommendation.

Thanks,

MichaelNC

stock bar

i agree, i was there 2 weekends ago, and found it hard to figure out, i think it is the new lay out of the bar and stage, i like the old lay out better, i think it made for more movement between dancers and patrons.

Re; Stock..Your comments about the Stock are interesting...i was there Fri/Sat June 20/21 .Fri at the Stock was a slow nite..The dancers however were all very eager to work..Spent alot of time with LARRY..among others..well worth the $$$$$..was not disapointed but left Montreal with concerns about the lack of business in the clubs..Campus was also slow...This is unusual for June & due to overall economic issues...Plan on returning in Aug....

RE: Stock Disappointment its all in the dollar

the other problem with stock and the dancers is what they charge in the private dances. it is just too steep of a price. of course all the games they play.

no with the curtain closed it is this much

no that was 3 songs not 2

no the manager is watching

i stopped going in the back a few years ago, and now the dollar has made it very hard, maybe the bars need to be told that the dollar is in the dumps, and make the private dances 10, not 20!

also, is it just me, or is the hood getting more run down, more drug kids on the street. going into the campus, a street kid was druged out on the ground, not a good way to welcome the guests to the bars.

>also, is it just me, or is the hood getting more run down,

>more drug kids on the street. going into the campus, a street

>kid was druged out on the ground, not a good way to welcome

>the guests to the bars.

>

>

..and I wasn't there. Darn! lol j/k :p

I used to go to Montreal and the strip clubs, four, five, six times a year---almost always in the spring, summer and fall. In the last two years, I've only been twice, and I plan on one trip this summer, and maybe two. My trips have been cut back for several reasons:

1. Most importantly the decline in the US dollar---it has a crimping effect on everything, from the hotel bill to food costs to "entertainment" at the stip bars. Staying in a hotel in Montreal used to be a real bargain, and so was almost everything else. No more.

2. The hassle at the border---returning to the US. Getting into Canada is and has never been a problem. But after 9/11 returning from a long weekend by road has become time-consuming and demeaning. I have a Nexus Pass which allows me to go through a special lane--in and out. I paid for it, and had to go through a background check from both nations to get it. And yet, when I return to the US from Montreal, I am stopped, havve to give my passport, asked all kinds of questions, and almost every time have to open my trunk. (I have, of course no record of any criminal acitivity which would prompt them to be suspicious---or I would never have been granted the Nexus Pass.) Not to mention the long lines of cars waiting to get through the control---there is a special Nexus Lane, but you have to GET to it!!

3. The quality of the dancers at all of the strip bars has declined, in my opinion. I remember clearly my first trip and what a great time I had at L'Adonis--the dancers were incredible and the audience was super-charged. Stock, at it's old, old location, had an amazing lineup with some pretty lousy bar conditions--remember the back room areas there??? Campus, in the afternoon, has also deteriorated---it used to be much more relaxed and the dancers less "pushy." The curtains situation has not helped---and the two-tiered charges have also added to the mercenary atmosphere. Maybe it was always there, but now it seems more apparent.

I'm looking forward to going to Montreal, either this month or next, but my expectations are certainly lower than they used to be. Could my age, and the fact that the experience is not NEW any more, have anything to do with my feelings? Perhaps, and who knows, maybe my next trip will be a really memorable one. Hoping so :))

That was a very eloquent report on the current state of affairs which I completely agree with.

On a side note, here is an interesting article on the nexus pass:

http://www.canada.com/cityguides/toronto/info/story.html?id=2028da4e-6097-4084-a430-aecbaf8a8df6

Living 45 minutes from the Ambassador Bridge I can tell you that they check the trunk of 95%+ people that go through the regular lanes. Even my elderly mother. it's part of the post 911 security.

I got sent to "secondary inspection" on the canada side because the initial young patrol person thought my eyes were "too red" or bloodshot when in fact it was just my allergies.

Oh well.

Delay at Border

Samai,

I can appreciate your frustration and dislike of the procedure at the border, but I would much rather read your report of regular brief delays than reports of how easy it is to slip a gun or explosives across the border or onto a plane.

You are probably right about the thrill wearing off. The first trip to Montreal seems like an incredible dream come true: how could such a fantastic place and its available pleasures be so close and available, and yet I didn't know about it or take advantage for so long. But by the fourth or fifth trip, the pleasures are still there, but they do not seem quite so unusual or fantastic. Also the U.S. dollar, which five years ago would trade at $1.64 or so, now gets less than a dollar in exchange. It has become much more expensive for U.S. men to travel to Montreal and spend their cash for fun.

RE: Delay at Border

Karl-G

I understand the necessity of border security, although I believe the USA tends to go a little overboard in some circumstances. I'm not sure I would have gone through all the hoops to obtain the Nexus Pass if I had known that I was still going to be subjected to more than a pro-forma check. Having said that, and having read the article posted by twinkboylover, citing the arrest of a Nexus Pass holder trying to smuggle Ecstacy into the US, I can see the rationale behind the more detailed checks. Driving into and out of Canada still has to be one of the easier international crossings, and I hope it continues that way. I get more frustrated coming back into the US from Ontario through Niagara Falls, especially on holiday weekends---the lines can be very, very long. I've waited on line for up to 90 minutes, with my car idling and using up fuel. I've also seen people dash out of their cars and try to find a place to relieve themselves!! I learnt by bitter experience that it's best to stop BEFORE you get 20 miles form the checkpoints, and to have plenty of fuel in the tank.

I'll try and give a report on my upcoming visit to Montreal and the strip bars on my return.

Looking Forward to Report

Samai,

I look forward to reading the report from your upcoming visit to Montreal. I will be going later in August, and I always enjoy getting updates and suggestions from other visitors to the Gay Village.

Thanks.

Archived