Oasis in the Desert?

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 6148 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Time for an update on Phoenix...It is official-We are about to get our second all nude male strip club. The "original" Dicks Cabaret is re-opening on June 16. address is 3432 E. Illini. Add to that the other club, "Dick's Hangout" and we will now have two places to go see naked boys/men. I will try to get to the new/old Dicks cabaret, but the grand opening party on the 16th is the same night as Kathy Griffin's comedy show, and I already have plans to attend.. maybe afterwards I will check it out and report back.

As far as Dick's Hangout, it is now gay owned and operated. One of the dancers has bought the club and made some changes. No cover anytime....! ! ! ! ..2-4-1 lap dances on Sundays and Tuesdays.. Hopefully they will just upgrade the dancers..They claim they are working on backroom area, but no idea if/when it will happen..They are advertising the "first annual male stripper olympics" on Friday June 22.

One thing of note.. in Maricopa county, you cannot have full nudity and alcohol, so you have to chose...do you wanna drink, or do you wanna look at dick?

Latest Phoenix Updates

I did make it over to the Newest version of Dick's cabaret this past Saturday night. It was supposed to be their grand opening. But the opening has been delayed due to some city ordinances.. No sprinkler system in place, no handicapped bathrooms. So now they are planning on having the club ready to open on July 7th.. I will keep everyone posted. That same night, since I was looking forward to seeing some skin, I went to the other club, Dick's hangout, and can say it was actually decent this time. First of all, they have stopped charging a cover charge. Now you just pay a 2-drink minimum ($10 which is non-alcohol) to enter. There were a few new boys this time.. everything from a young asian boy who had more eye makeup on than most drag queens, to skinny black boy, to puerto rican papi, to beautiful collegiate type boy to kinda rough street trade looking latino covered in tattoos.. And, low and behold, the owner listened to my suggestion a few weeks ago, and about half of the boys came out with hardons....They even did a two guy dance in which both dancers ended up hard from rubbing on each other...

They replaced the uncomfortable "banquet room" chairs with softer padded chairs.. Only problem, all the chairs have ripped fabric and look like they found them in a back alley somewhere. It is obviously still a work in progress.. One thing I don't like is that they do not offer "normal" sodas.. they only have some "funky" sodas and bottled waters

Tomorrow (friday the 22nd), Dicks hangout is having a stripper olympics kinda contest. I am planning on going.. hopefully there will be some hot amateur talent..

Just Back from "stripper olympics"

Just back from Dick's Hangout's first "stripper olympics". I was one of the judges.. There were 10 contestants, and a total of 4 contests. First was best body, second was best pole trick (not best pole), third was best newcomer, and fourth was best overall..

in no specific order

1) Hayden--20'ish black guy, fairly tall, lanky--Won best overall

2) Matthew--19-20 year old twink,dark hair, goatee, smooth chest, nice 6 pack, large penis..(my personal favorite)--won best newcomer

3) Gucci-18 year old asian boy who had hair like Sonic the hedgehog and more eye makeup than most drag queens. He was definitely what you would call petite, with a waist that appeared to be smaller than 25 inchs..

4)Brock--probably 20 or so, red hair, short, with very buff body, best bubble butt of the group.. Came across as straight boy in his performance.

5)Papi--another 20-ish guy, puerto rican, won best pole trick..

6) Chase--early to mid 20's, shorter, twinkie build..dark spikey hair... If they had had a category for most sensual performance, he woulda won.. He gave himself a very wet sponge bath... with water dripping down his butt crack being a highlight of the show.

7)Raw--another tall, lanky guy, this one being probably early 20's, of mixed hispanic descent..

8)Sesso--i would guess 25-27, short, muscular body, gave a good pole performance

9)Christian--looked like he stepped out of an abercrombie ad.. Won best body..Based upon looks, he could easily be a dancer at Stock Bar in Montreal

10)Rocky--the oldest of the group, probably late 20's..many tattoos, nice enough guy to talk with, but visually comes across as rough trade...

You can see pics of some of the guys on their myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/dickshangoutshowclub

According to Landon, the owner, they are bringing in new chairs, making the couch dance area more private,and putting in an even more private area in the back for extended private dances..Time will tell if they follow thru.. Lets hope so. I have spoken with Landon quite a few times, and he really wants to make his club into something nice.

RE: Just Back from "stripper olympics"

Hey everyone.....Kinda new here........I've been to Dick's on Van Buren when I come to town. Is this the Dick's Hangout mentioned above? If the new version, still called Dick's Cabaret won't open now until the 7th, I'll miss checking it out by 1 day. But if the old place is still open as Dick's Hangout, I'll stop by. I can't find them on the internet anywhere. Does anyone have phone number for the old place. Your help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest chaotou

RE: Just Back from "stripper olympics"

No. Dick's Cabaret and Dick's Hangout Showbar are not the same place.

The Old Dick's on Van Buren has moved. Their website is:

http://www.dickscabaret.com/ The website says they are open. I assume they just haven't updated the new date. The new location and phone number should be right.

The other Dick's, Dick's Hangout Showbar is locate at 11040 N 21st Ave, PHX. You can do a search for more info if you'd like.

Hope this is helpful.

Enjou.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived