Voting for Stock Idol Has Begun

Sparky
This topic is 6754 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Due to massive abuse (Sammy got 60,000 votes in a few days) the Internet votes were not counted for the first week of competition. Its unfortunate that the actions of a few have prevented many Stock fans from participating. Having said that, I'm really glad I got to vote for my favorite in person last night but I was totally shocked that Rafael and Nick were eliminated!

If you visit the Stock website you can vote for your favorite "stock idol". Sadly, not all the dancers are in the competition. How fair is that?

Currently, there's a close race between Shad and Christopher. And here I thought Taz would have been voting day and night for Eddie! :-)

Since the rules state you can vote as often as you like, I don't understand why there was a problem with the first vote.

Cast your vote at:

http://www.stockbar.ca

LustinGuy,

I heard that they were not going to do the Internet voting at all because of the obvious electronic hacking of votes (not only just for Sammy, but for at least three other dancers). I think the internet voting only makes sense if each customer who pays to be a member of the web site (a stockaholic) gets one vote each week, to be used for voting only right after the performances. Just having anybody vote as many times as he wants and at any time is just plain stupid.

Last night, 4 of the original 12 dancers that were chosen for the contest were eliminated even before the competition started because they simply didn't show up. I thought that there wasn't nearly as much thought and effort put into the costumes and performances as there have been in past years, with many dancers not doing anything special at all. What they call judges are actually just commentators (these commentators are supposed to be past Mr. Stock winners; last night it was Steph). The voting is actually done by the customers at the bar. At the end of the performances, they handed out ballots to the customers and had us vote for only one dancer (guess who I voted for). Overall, it was a fun night and it was fairly well attended.

RE: Eddie needs your vote

Stock's "ICON", Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, needs your help. Early results in the Stock Idol Contest show that "Icon" Eddie has received little support from his M4M home base. There are 10 dancers competing for this prestigious "idol" title and, sadly, Eddie is currently in 9th position. I'm sure it will make TAZ and Eddie's "special friend" very happy to see their boy climb the ladder... Remember, you can vote as often as you like. Sounds fair to me! :+

http://www.stockbar.ca

RE: Lustins info needed !!

Cooper,

There is some confusion in the online voteing.

LustinGuy knows the new re-re-vised rules.

I dont know how its working now.

I have heard that the only votes being considered due to some unknown problems are votes on the night of the show at the club...

Also with the new Campus addition it seems that i may have full visitation rights soon. NYU Applications are ready!!

It seems there are new special friends being created at Campus.

I hope Lustin explains.

RE: Not a good day for EDDIE

Taz, This is definitely not a good day for Stock's "Icon" Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. First off, he learns that his "special friend" is spending time with a Greek gymnast at Campus, who he described as being "spectacular!" Now he learns that he's fallen into last place in the Stock Idol Contest. How very sad. Hopefully the rumor of his acceptance into NYU will cheer him up... Taz, looks like a good time for you to head to MTL.

Now, Cooper, you should know that I was only doing some investigative reporting for my friends here on M4M when I took just a few dances with Stefanos. I quickly went back and spent the rest of the evening with Eddie. It's nice to have your devotion tested only to have it reaffirmed. Now what's this about Eddie falling to last place on the Internet votes? (I still think the Internet votes are pretty much meaningless since one person can sit there all day and vote for their favorite dancer). He did very, very well in the voting at the bar. Well, I guess I'll just have to give my finger and mouse a workout. And, Taz, full visitation rights and NYU, NEVER!

I wish I knew how the voting will work this week... I think we'll all have to wait and see. It still doesn't seem fair to me that about 3,000 votes have been cast online already and they'll get maybe 200 at the bar. If all voted ocunt equally it makes the patrons buying the drinks (and paying the dancers) quite powerless... I think the 1 vote per minute limit is an improvement but I still think internet voting should be limited to the night of the contest.

Good news for Stock's "Icon" Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. He's moving up in the polls. Sadly though, Jay, Jay, Jay is falling... This vote is being taken very seriously by the dancers who follow the results ever day. Since so many of our members know these dancers, it's only FAIR that eveyone has a chance to vote. Reminder, rules state that you can vote as many times as you want.

I still think that the Internet vote should not be taken too seriously (even if Eddie is moving up in the polls). All it takes is one crazy stalker voting all day to skew the results. The only way this makes any sense is to let the Internet voting take place for members only for ten minutes or so after the shows on Thursday. Otherwise, it's pretty much meaningless.

Archived