Remington's report

jasoncarter_dfw
This topic is 6747 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How has Remington's been recently? I want to take my s/o, who is traveling with me during my upcoming visit there, and wanted to find out what the guys are like now. It's been a while since my last visit (about 3 years ago when I danced as a special guest there), and I'm looking forward to it. Also, what is the name of the current manager...is Richard still around? I want to call him ahead of time, because my partner of 5 years is a TS and don't want any drama at the door. Thanks! :)

- Jason Carter - Dallas, TX

- jasoncarter53@hotmail.com

- (214) 274-8127

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was there on a weekend in September, when the weather was still nice. I arrived at Remington at around 8 p.m., hoping to catch dancers from both shifts. Unfortunately that particular Saturday, there weren't too many dancers that caught my eyes except for Stephanos who was the star of the evening. This guy must have danced three or four times within a two-hour period since there were not enough dancers that evening. But I wasn't complaining. Stephanos is probably one of the most attractive dancers at Remingtons. Picture Russian Gymnast Alexei Nemov and Stock's Eddie and you've got Stephanos. He does the whole gymnastic routine on stage and he's also very sensual upstairs and makes the $20 dances at Stock a shame.

I didn't stay for the second shift (which starts at 10 compared to 9 in Montreal) since I don't think anyone could have topped my experience with Stephanos. That Saturday, I didn't see Panther (who's tall and lean), Edwin (hung and stays hard) and Donovan (he once approached and asked me if I wanted to try his Canadian bacon; stupid me, I didn't take the bite). Also, since my visit was a month after the disappearance of the two American dancers in Laval, I was surprised about the absence of talk about or memorial to them. At Stock, at least, they honored the memory of the late Mr. Stock Ken.

I went to Sneakers twice but didn't attempt to pick anyone up. But there was a pretty good selection of boys, including a tall, blond college-looking kid (like I said, school's back). The next time I go there, I'll be friendlier to the bartender and maybe he can point me in the right direction. I called BoysRUs (they advertise in XTra) and hooked up with a Nick (I think that was his name). Although he was good, they don't have a good selection and they probably only have three rentboys.

If you're looking for things to do in Toronto other than Remington, I highly recommend visiting the Art Gallery of Ontario for Catherine the Great Exhibits, complete with coronation coach, on loan from the Hermitage Museum of Russia.

Be sure to tell us your experience when you come back.

I was there on Saturday night and it was one of the best nights in a long time. Good crowd and some hot dancers. You cannot rely on the website as far as dancers are concerned. They only post dancers that sign releases and none of the hot guys that I liked will ever be on the website. You really have to go and take your chances.

The photos they do post on the website are also the worst possible photos of anyone. If they're going to bother posting photos they ought to get a real photographer to take the pix and make the boys look as good as possible.

I will be up there for several days over the US Thanksgiving weekend and I look forward to seeing the scene at Remington's. Last time I was there last year there were several cute twinkish boys including a very nice looking Asian dude. Unfortunately I had already spent my budget for the night so I didn't get to spend any time with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from Remington's and had a pretty good time. A lot of the same guys who have been there for years are still there, but there is some fresh new blood.

I spent quite a but of time with an adorable Chinese high school boy called Lee. Very sweet with a great smile. Nice kid.

There's also a brand new guy called Luke who is pretty twink-y. Very personable, good dancer, very cute face, and a decent body. It was only his second night so he really needs to learn how to sell himself still. I chatted with him for a quite a while and he never asked if I wanted a dance.

Lots of muscle on the late shift and several handsome men of color. Now they just need a couple of more Asian dudes and a few more real twinks and it would be pretty much perfect.

Archived