Montreal over Labor Day weekend -- how busy?

newatthis
This topic is 6941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm considering an August trip to Montreal, and have the choice of being there over the long Labor Day (Labour Day for Canadians :-) ) weekend or a week earlier for the same amount of time. I generally prefer the clubs when they're less crowded and there's less competition for dancers' attention.

Could those who've been there over Labor Day weekend give me some feel for how busy/crowded things are?

Thanks!

Hi newatthis,well it is kind of a mixed bag.Yes the clubs are MUCH more crowded amd it can be tough to get space in the backroom during prime time.At the same time the clubs bring in lots of extra talent and you will see much more selection than an off weekend.

Also,you are more likely to hookup with some other hoovillians during the long weekend.

Since it is a holiday in Canada also rooms might be a little harder to come by.

A good stratagy here is to either fly in/out midweek,or to fly in the sat. before and fly out the sat/sun. of the holiday weekend.That way you get some of the "quiet time"as well as the festive holiday makers-which can be a blast.

BG-Thanks for the info. I'll be there (Montreal) that weekend (found a great fare) and although I typically avoid the busy times, I'm hoping to find SOME room in the back at the clubs over the course of the weekend. Sorry I missed you on your recent trip to FL-hope it was pleasant despite the horrendous amounts of rain we received each day-we stayed in most of Gay Days because of it. :-(

newatthis-thanks for bringing up the subject. Hope you can make it there over that weekend so we can compare notes.;)

I was there for Labor day (and Memorial Day) last year (I don't really like it crowded either). While it is pretty busy, it wasn't that bad. Stock did get pretty packed between 10 and 12 on Satuday night but if you go a little earlier or stay as little late, you can usually get some attention from the dancer of your choice. I agree with the BigGuy, I usually like to arrive on a Thursday and leave on a Monday so I can have 2 nights that are less busy.

Archived