Ft. Lauderdale hotel recommendation?

mjd
This topic is 7021 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ft Lauderdale is very easy to get around. I generally opt for a centrally located mainstream hotel (usually the Renissance). I'm not a fan of the gay guesthouses; I need a full service hotel and don't want my visitors to cause a fuss. When I stay at the Renaissance, I can drive to Boardwalk, Dudes, the beach, Cathode, Coliseum and Copa within 10 minutes. This weekend I'm going to try out The Atlantic, a new Starwood high-end property. I'll fill you in when I get back.

Edit: Oh, and in Miami, you have to be on South Beach. Any address under 1700 on Collins or Ocean is good.

In Fort Lauderdale, there are no accommodations within easy walking distance of the clubs, but there are vast numbers of accommodations within a ten minute drive. Prices range from $45 to $450 per night for a room or $3995 per week for a fully furnished house on the beach sleeping eight. This is prime season right now. Special accommodations in inns for Polish guests, New York Jewish guests, French Canadian guests, gay guests, college students, etc., etc. Twenty million people are expected to go through the Fort Lauderdale airport this year. #1 industry in town is tourism. There are lots of accommodations.

Inexpensive Accommodations in Fort Lauderdale

The most inexpensive accommodations in Fort Lauderdale are probably the many family run motels along Highway A1A from 2100 N. to 4500 N. They are all one block from the beach; most are family run and were built in the 50s and 60s. They are decent and may be even nicer; they are all perfectly safe and in a nice area good for walking. They all have pools and are close to the ocean and a short drive from the clubs. Off season prices are often $35 - $39 a night; right now they are higher. I have seen signs at $45 and $49 in the last few weeks, but I'm sure they go higher also. Parking is free at all of them, which is a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Inexpensive Motels

The Atlantic is a luxury hotel on the beach about 800 North A1A; prices are $150-$399.

Just for the fun of it, I looked along Fed. Highway, which is about 5 minutes from Boardwalk, Dudes, and Johnny's by car. There are at least three inexpensive motels; I cannot vouch for quality, but they are big chains and the location is great. Many, many restaurants and big Barnes and Noble within walking distance.

Super 8 at 2935 N. Federal has rates starting at $28

Day's Inn at 2201 N. Federal has rates starting at $54

Best Western at 3001 N. Federal has listed rates starting at $92, altho maybe a discounter could get less.

More Inexpensive Motels in Fort Lauderdale

Here are some more inexpensive motels in good locations:

Budget Inn, 2731 N. Federal Highway (954-565-1893) $45

The following four would be about 12 minutes from Boardwalk but two minutes from Dude's:

Galt Villas, 3621 N. Ocean Blvd. One block from beach. 954-565-1795

$65

Sundeck Motel, 3821 N. Ocean, $45 954-564-9285

Travelodge, 4001 N. Ocean $65

Sunrise Inn, 4041 N. Ocean, 954-565-9224 $70

More Inexpensive Motels in Fort Lauderdale

Sheridan Beach Motel, 3801 N. Ocean Blvd, (954-566-6666) $ 45 +

Ocean Breeze Motel, 3811 N. Ocean, (954-630-1668) $40 - $70 +

Ocean Mile Motel, 4100 N. Ocean, (954-565-1691) $40 +

Cascades Motel, 4117 N. Ocean, (954-561-3578) $35 - $75

All have web sites.

RE: More Inexpensive Motels in Fort Lauderdale

Hello Karl-G

Are these prices you are posting advertised on the property itself? I was wondering because just about all of these places have higher rates, sometimes much higher posted on their websites. Of course with a small business its always better to call direct and get a quote but I did wonder about your source on prices.

Further caveat particularly for the big chains is that for the height of season the rates available online are MUCH higher or for many of them NOT available on the websites at all. Of course that doesn't mean they are booked up but it does require a call to the hotel you might be interested in.

I am shopping around for a place for an extended visit with one of my favorites from this site so I'm following up on good advice from any source.

Thanks for posting your research. And since I'm sure my guy and I will hit the strip clubs during our visit if you are still in FTL I would love to buy you a drink.

Jeff

All of these are prices I found on the web, almost always on the website of the specific motel. hotels.com and cheaphotels.com seem to have quite high rates quoted, much higher than the individual websites of motels.

I've stayed at the Days Inn on Broward on numerous occassions. Not fancy, but clean and close to everything. I usually book on daysinn.com and pay about $45 a night. Ask about there nuisance charges, they automatically add for in room safe, refrig, and local calling.

Archived