montreal hotel booking company

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 7055 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone have experience with the website http://www.canadahotelexperts.com ? It seems to work like hotwire. I put in dates at the end of April and the number of stars (three or four) and it came back with price of 129$ Canadian for four star or $89 Canadian for three star properties. The one catch is that it says your stay will be at one of a few listed properties..For the 4star, it would be either omni mont royal, hotel sofitel, or hilton montreal bonaventure.. and for three star, it would be Le Cantlie Suites, Hyatt Regency, Crowne Plaza, Holiday In Select, Delta Montreal, or the Novotel Montreal Centre. On my one prior trip to MOntreal, I stayed at the Delta Montreal (thanks to priceline) and found the location to be reasonable. How do these other locations compare in regards to proximity to the Village and ease of Metro access??

The Sofitel looks pretty good-better than the hilton.The Hilton is very convenient to the subway.

The Hyatt has been going for under $60 USD on priceline(sometines way under)-so why take a chance on a strange company if it offers the same properties as priceline at about the same price?

Check out biddingfortravel.com or betterbidding.com on priceline rates/hotels in Montreal.And check out tripadvisor.com for very honest and current reviews of hotels around the world.

One last tip,I have been placing my priceline bids via ebay recently.I earn "anything points"(a kind of rebate)on each succesful bid that I can then use to pay for merchandise(via paypal)makes a nice little bonus.

Guest Tampa Yankee

> For the 4star, it would be

>either omni mont royal, hotel sofitel, or hilton montreal

>bonaventure..

The Omni and Sofitel are great and located near each other on Sherbrooke. I think subway access is only a block down and over. Same line as in the Village. The Hilton is nice too though not quite in the same class. Subway entrance underneath Hotel in Place Bonaventure. Different line so you get off after 4 stops at Berri/UQAM @ Gouverneur Hotel (west end of village) or change lines there to go deeper in the village to Beadury or Papineau, or just walk into the village if the weather is nice.

>and for three star, it would be Le Cantlie

>Suites, Hyatt Regency, Crowne Plaza, Holiday In Select,

>Montreal, or the Novotel Montreal Centre.

My order of preference:

Hyatt Regency, Delta/Pres. Kennedy Blvd, neck and neck, subway over one and up one and for Delta at end of block across the street. Two stops to Berri/UQAM at west end of village.

Holiday In Select, a step down but LARGE rooms and more than adequate. Subway diagonally across corner, same line as hilton.

Novotel and Crowne Plaza a toss up. Both 2.5* IMO (a stretch for the Crowne). Novotel, newish, very clean, out of the way on Rue de la Montagne near all the straight clubs on Crescent, subway within a block I believe - same line as the Hyatt, guessng 5-6 stops to Berri/UQAM . Crowne -- turn of the century splendor as in 1900s. Dont think it has ever been remodeled. Bathrooms suck, at least mine did. Two blocks from Village and Berri/QAM Subway -- all downhill,which means the trek back is all uphill. Location is all that it has going for it IMO.

>Le Cantlie Suites

Sorry, unfamiliar with this one.

All but Le Cantlie Suites are or have been Priceline hotels.

I am pretty sure I will be booking for the end of april/first of may.. Probably arriving on wed or thurs, april 27 or 28, then departing on monday the 2nd of may. I have checked the usual flight sites.. expedia, orbitz, travelocity, cheaptickets.com, sidestep.com.. and am not having much luck finding anything under $450 from Tucson. I could make the 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to Phoenix for a flight if i had to. I dont mind doing priceline for hotel, but I dont like it for air. Last time I did priceline, and ended up with a flight arriving at 11pm on thursday, then departing montreal at 6am on monday..so it cut down on vacation time. Anyone have any other suggestions for finding good flights/prices??? Thanks..

Lurker-it is your point of origin that is making things expensive.

If you private me I will give you a code for NWA that will help.

Also consider driving to Phx,I know it is a hike but you will save at least $100.

Also sign up for travelocity's and orbitz's fare watcher.Saved me $100(my flight mid march came to $202 all in.)

I just booked five days, March 24-29 at the Delta on Avenue du Président-Kennedy at $50 US through Hotwire. It's between the McGill and Place-des-Arts Metro stations, just a few stops and minutes away from the action in the Village. Last year I spent a week at Novotel through Hotwire at $50 a night. I haven't gotten screwed on Hotwire yet. Their ratings appear to be fairly acurate.

RE: hotwire vs priceline

My experience has been that when the Delta is at $50 or so on hotwire, you can get it for around $10 less on priceline. Of course you're taking the chance that you'll get some other 3* instead. By the way, you can tell when hotwire is quoting the delta; it's the 3.5* with a children's center.

Archived