Resurrection in Montreal

firecat
This topic is 7074 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tampa Yankee

> I just have a lot of respect for that place ,

>Taboo brought many many many WONDERFUL

> things and I met great , interesting and smart people.

I know that Marc Anthony, Firecat and I share your feelings about this. However that does not diminsh the fact that Adonis has made a comeback and Taboo is going through a slump right now. I/we haven't abandoned Taboo and I'll continue to support it and the dancers as long as I have any hope that it can recover its glory. But there is competition. That is a fact .

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have a lot of

>respect for that place , Taboo brought many many many

>WONDERFUL things and I met great , interesting and smart

>people.

Hey Kai:

I agree with you entirely. I have great loyalty to Taboo. And I will always love the place. I have met so many people there that I have great feelings for... and you are one of them.

I actually like Claude a lot... and wish him well. And you are right that Taboo management has always treated us well (reserving tables, being very friendly, etc).

The bottom line is simply this though... I will always stop in at Taboo hoping to find it in the same shape it once was in its glory. But I am in Montreal only so many days so many times a year. And I go for one reason... to have a very cute boy in my lap or on my table.

Right now, that is more likely to happen at Adonis.

I hope (more than you could know) that it is cyclical, and that Taboo will once again be wonderful. Really, it is to the benefit of all that BOTH clubs be strong and fun.

And TY... Kai's remark that you quoted was directed at BGP.

Guest Tampa Yankee

>Something seems very strange about "Kai"s devotion to the

>sinking ship that is Taboo these days.

Nothing strange at all Big Guy... It is just passionate loyalty. the world is full of examples. Look no further than Red Sox and Cubs fans -- 85 years and one million years of devoted loyalty and hopes, often in the face of contrary facts. :+ Or Kerry or Dean. Some are still denying the election results. :7

I know Kai very well. He has no agenda other than passionate loyalty. That is a good thing as long as it doesnt obscure one's ovejctivity. reference the above examples.

It may be premature to call Taboo a sinking ship. It has taken on a water but is still solidly afloat. There is still plenty of margin left to stop the leak and restore full bouyancy.

>Let the Tabboo sink-they have shown way to much disdain for

>their non-quebecois patrons for too long.Good ridence.

Speaking from my experience Claude and the rest of the Taboo management have always treated me royally. I couldn't ask for better. I have friends that get the same royal treatment -- some American some Quebecois. On the bigger picture, I think the management/business model may need to be touched up a bit.

:p

Guest Tampa Yankee

>And TY... Kai's remark that you quoted was directed at BGP.

>

Hmmm... somehow I missed that. I stand corrected as does my post. :7

Hey Everyone, Frenz here. I have read the Montral threads here for a while and they are great!! I have visited Montreal several times in the last three years and have always had a great time at Taboo. But I have to agree with this thread. During my last trip in the Spring I was suprised to find the Adonis a whole lotta fun!! In fact, I ended up staying put most nights without a trip over to Taboo. The dancers were friendly and the backroom was fun. I hope to get back soon. Hey, does anyone know if a dancer named Dariuz(sp?)is still at the Adonis. Anyways, if you are heading up this Thanksgiving, have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have returned from the 90 degree heat of Thailand and its hot boys to 10 inches of snow and tempertures best not mentioned.

Since my clock was still on Thailand time I was forced to check out Taboo on Sunday night. Not many customers because of the snow but there have been some new dancers added in the last 3 weeks and most of them seem to be from warmer Latin countries.

There were 3 new Latin Boys who were very good looking and will make nice additions to the Taboo stable..

IMHO the best one is Helmet(not sure of spelling) but I am sure there has never been a Hotter Body dancing at Taboo. For those of you who like Roberto the Cubans body or Simon when he was working out, this kid has a body that blows them both away. On top of that he has a great face with beautiful eyes and long hair. And as a bonus has a nice personality also. BTW he has done some professional dancing so his stage show is very Sexual as are his Back Room dances.

There are 2 other cute Latins whose names I just missed but they will be of interest to many Taboo customers.

There is a new dancer last night who was at Campus for a few weeks and his name is James. He is sort of a cross beteween Joey(Dakota) and Devin from Taboo. Good stage routine and good in the back.

Anthony has returned from his brief switch to Campus and I'm sure there are some who will welcome his return.

Made a brief stop at Adonis as Jet Lag was catching up. New dancer Jesse who is 6'3" and gorgeous and very good in the back. I know this because a friend who has taken his brother off the market bought me some dances . Roberto was working and Damian from Taboo was sitting tableside keeping an eye on him. There were not that many dancers but a number of new ones were attractive although not in my favorite Twink style. Norman the Manager was there making everybody happy including the dancers and the atmosphere was one of high energy and fun.

Forgot to mention Ivan of long time Campus has switched to Adonis as of Sunday night.

Bottom line Taboo has added some very nice new dancers and might have loosened up on the Back room monitoring as mentioned on this Board.

Maybe we can have a continuous fight through the winter to see who is the Best. That is what is best for the customers and maybe even the Dancers.

Its cold here but the Clubs are Hot !!!!!!!!!!

Guest Tampa Yankee

>IMHO the best one is Helmet(not sure of spelling) but I am

>sure there has never been a Hotter Body dancing at Taboo. For

>those of you who like Roberto the Cubans body or Simon when he

>was working out, this kid has a body that blows them both

>away.

Some pretty high praise.

>On top of that he has a great face with beautiful eyes

>and long hair. And as a bonus has a nice personality also. BTW

>he has done some professional dancing so his stage show is

>very Sexual as are his Back Room dances.

>

From a previous recommendation he was already tops on my dance card. I hope he lives up to all the press. }(

>There is a new dancer last night who was at Campus for a few

>weeks and his name is James. He is sort of a cross beteween

>Joey(Dakota) and Devin from Taboo. Good stage routine and

>good in the back.

>

Saw him at campus.

Some interesting news about Anthony and Yvan. Suprised at both. Not sure that they are positive moves for them. There must be a couple of stories here...lol.

>Maybe we can have a continuous fight through the winter to see

>who is the Best.

Gotta drop that Far East stuff in favor of contests or competitions. :p

>Firecat-just make sure there is plenty of talent there mid

>march(and make sure that there is a freak heat wave to melt

>the ice early!)The 6'3 boy sounds very nice-is he the tall boy

>from the Tabboo?

I second the plea to keep the talent there until March!!!

And though I have yet to meet him, I know that the 6'3" boy is not from Taboo. He is brand new to the dance scene, and I comes with very high recommendations from very reliable people.

Archived