GAIETY LINEUP FOR THE WEEK OF 10/18/04

likembig
This topic is 7120 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>All things aside NYO, maybe it is best to be more

>controversial in your show reviews to strike more interesting

>reading.

I take issue with your suggestion above. NYO never did, nor will he, write controversial reviews for the sake of making it more interesting. His reviews were, and still are, VERY truthful. AND, even when he is being brutally honest about a performer he is still respectful to them as a person in his writing.

His reviews are very interesting because I know I am always getting the truth when I read them. I feel stooping to, for example, Fing Fam Foom's level of 4th grade character assassination is cheap and desperate.

Truth=interesting reading.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>All things aside NYO, maybe it is best to be more

>>controversial in your show reviews to strike more

>interesting

>>reading.

>

>I take issue with your suggestion above. NYO never did, nor

>will he, write controversial reviews for the sake of making it

>more interesting. His reviews were, and still are, VERY

>truthful. AND, even when he is being brutally honest about a

>performer he is still respectful to them as a person in his

>writing.

>

>His reviews are very interesting because I know I am always

>getting the truth when I read them. I feel stooping to, for

>example, Fing Fam Foom's level of 4th grade character

>assassination is cheap and desperate.

>

>Truth=interesting reading.

I am sorry but I must interject the real meaning of:

con·tro·ver·sial [ kòntrə vúrsh’l ]

adjective

1. causing argument: provoking strong disagreement or disapproval, for example, in public debate

The CEO heading up the company is a controversial figure.

2. argumentative: enjoying or habitually engaging in controversy

a controversial writer

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the word.

I am on no person's side here. Just my teaching skills are showing.

Has nothing to do with truth or falsehoods.

Hello woop4me2,

>I am sorry but I must interject the real meaning of:

>

>con·tro·ver·sial [ kòntrə vúrsh’l ]

Your interjection is both unnecessary and misdirected.

>adjective

>

>1. causing argument: provoking strong disagreement or

>disapproval, for example, in public debate

>The CEO heading up the company is a controversial figure.

By your own definition you are assisting in making my point. Tony stated:

"All things aside NYO, maybe it is best to be more controversial in your show reviews to strike more interesting reading."

NYO's reviews don't cause argument or strong disagreement or disapproval because he states the truth. People may view some truths as controversial. However, that would be an opinion or just a personal reaction at best. NYO writes what he sees without interjecting items to cause argument.

>2. argumentative: enjoying or habitually engaging in

>controversy

>a controversial writer

NYO's reviews are "habitually" on the mark and straight forward. Again, Tony was implying he should be more controversial to strike more interesting reading. Tony is implying that for him to be interested while reading NYO's reviews Tony's primary need for interest is controversy and not truth.

>I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of the word.

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of my response.

>I am on no person's side here. Just my teaching skills are

>showing.

If your teaching skills were really showing you would have listed a proper footnote from which lexicon you hacked the definition from. As a person who claims to possess "teaching skills" then you should be setting an example in light of the errors of our new "cut, copy and paste" culture.

>Has nothing to do with truth or falsehoods.

Usually controversy is caused when things are viewed as being stagnate. Therefore, to stir the pot, people lie at times when causing controversy. It's not that I don't know the definition. I was expressing an opinion which didn't need correction by you.

I offer you the following definition:

chow box † Eat Pussy note Can be used as a command

And here is my source:

The Alternative Dictionaries

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/

All the best,

VDN ;-)

Tue Oct-19-04 07:49 PM by Cooper

"Sadly, I have to agree with everything that's been written about this week's performances. They are "lackluster".

I agree with TT on his favorites, definitely DEVON for his college jock good looks, and DAMIAN for his extremely sensuous/erotic performance. This guy oozes with sex appeal."...Cooper

TT talks:

I am lucky to have some free time this week to experience a few of the boys up close and personal with their pants off.

I mentioned earlier that I give a ***** rating to TJ for his private shows.

I am happy to say that I give Damian **** + 1/2 for his private performance.

May I quote Cooper above "This guy oozes with sex appeal" It is true in a private situation also. He knows the right buttons to push that drives a person up a wall. :p

He is very warm and friendly. He takes the time to make sure you are comfortable and happy during the P show. (That P means private not water sports!)

He is a dancer that can simply just stand naked in the corner of the room and drive you nuts. He did not just stand there. He was interactive during the entire session. It was hard most of the time too. Did I say delicious too? :9 Very sensual and made you feel he had all the time in the world to make you happy. ( Very Important....I know he doesn't have alot of time, but he made you feel that he did.)

A memorable time to say the least. Callback-YES

Devon I give a **+ 1/2 rating.

He is attractive. He is one of those college students who lives down the hall on the same floor of the dorm that you always wondered if he would allow you to fuck around with him or not.

Well, go to that dorm room now and make it a reality.

He is not as interactive as I would wish him to be. Usually I leave it up to the dancer to find my G spots. He seems to be slightly awkward in the personal touching area. Had a problem getting it up and keeping it there. But, what the hay! He is a cutie!

His personality is good. I detect a little insincerity when striking up small talk with him. Sort of like fake talk to make you feel he is trying to be your friend. Needs a little work there. Maybe less talk is better for Devon.

He is not a clock watcher, but I felt a little rushed.

All in all, a good time! :* Callback- Maybe

Thanks Tony for your honest and thorough appraisal of your privates with Damian and Devon. It helps to have an objective report like yours before taking the plunge with any of the guys we lust after on stage...Unfortunately, it seems that what you see on stage isn't necessarily what you get behind closed doors.

Funny that on the same week the entertaining references to karaoke performances at Buddies appeared, I feel compelled to comment on the sorry musical experience I had this week at the Gaiety. While sitting through that god-awful song “Control”, I came soooooo close to going back into the d.j. booth and strangling the joker spinning the discs. You know the song I’m talking about, with the incessant refrain - “control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control… control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control, control…control…” Am I the only one who felt violated sitting in my seat forced to endure this wretched song?

I’m convinced that we could liven things up at the Gaiety by having a weekly karaoke night, whereby audience participants could sing along to a hit-parade of their favorite karaoke tunes, while our dancing boys could strut their stuff just like they’ve always done. It would be a hoot to watch the the guys onstage try to keep their erections from wilting, as the Laura Braningan wannabes in the audience belt out, “Gloria” and with everyone joining in on the chorus…”if everybody wants you, why isn’t anybody calling….?” I’d even dare say we might be able to convince Denise to sing us an adoring solo during one of Neo’s acts...On second thought, let’s just keep it like it is…

Friday night lineup:

1. Damien

2. Neo

3. Devon

4. Kelly Jacobs

5. Giovanni

6. Max

7. Zack (new, from Stock Bar in Montreal; now with dark hair)

8. Leo

9. Daniel, the long haired muscle guy

10. Pino

11. Michael (Milwaukee one)

12. Danny, from last weekend

NYO favorites: Damien, Daniel, Michael

RUMORS for next week:

GUESSING that Zack and Daniel will continue

Joined by Tyler

Maybe I'll hear more over the weekend.

<<I saw Zack in early summer working at Stock. At that time he was medium build. Saw him this weekend and couldn't believe how pumped up he got, maybe too much. Anyone else see the difference?>>

i saw him in montreal last week, and i had seen him when he first started working at stock. right now his body is in the same shape as when i first met him. in between he apparently lost interest in working out (don't know first hand regarding steroid use, can only speculate). when i first met him he had an angelic looking face. the black hair completely ruins it; it actually repulsed me, though i definitely prefer the beefier, built look he returned to.

Archived