The Notorious Nob Hill Theater in San Francisco!!!

Axiom2001
This topic is 7176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few years ago before the Nob Hill began featuring dancers, it was the only game in town that showed super- topknotch adult films-- male of course! Since then the premises have been renovated, they once featured popular and very hunky men, i.e. Michael Brandon, and really had something going! Apparently, this venue has really been on the decline since the managers stopped booking the finest of men who entertained.

The reviews here have been mostly negative; my advice to those men who have gone there and have felt extremely ripped off is to write the owner and manager about their concerns. Perhaps if management/owner received a deluge of complaints, changes possibly be made.

Before year's end I promise to write a letter voicing my discontent and dissatisfaction. When I've gone, I've abhorred the rate of the entrance fee and the mediocre shows. Because of these dilemmas, I have gone infrequently.

When I did go-- I didn't stay too long, for the crowds were paltry,and the dancers were definitely not too enticing....

Guest zipperzone

>Before year's end I promise to write a letter voicing my

>discontent and dissatisfaction.

"Before year's end"......... Boy you must be one busy little fucker to have to give yourself a 3 1/2 month window to get one letter written. Suggest you pencil it into your Daytimer lest you forget!

Guest JohnPela

Good Memories of the Nob Hill Theater in San Francisco -Oct 2002

>A few years ago before the Nob Hill began featuring dancers,

>it was the only game in town that showed super- topknotch

>adult films-- male of course! Since then the premises have

>been renovated, they once featured popular and very hunky men,

>i.e. Michael Brandon, and really had something going!

>Apparently, this venue has really been on the decline since

>the managers stopped booking the finest of men who

>entertained.

I only went there one weekend when I was in San Francisco - Halloween of 2002 and had a great time. I had a very good experience and fond memories:

There were featured headliners there at that time. I believe there was a $25 or $30 admission (less if purchased in morning before 2pm?) but you could come and go all the during the day or no extra charge (unlike the Gaiety). Since I was in SF to see my favorite Gaiety stripper perform I could go there in the afternoon and then go eat dinner and see a play and then be back again late at night at no extra fee. Ben Versace, Marlone and William (the Gaiety dancer who spins on his head)were the featured dancers. Most of the other 5+ strippers (on Saturday night) were good looking twinks. It was kind of quiet there as most of the Halloween evening festivities were taking place in the Castro area. Saturday night there were a lot of female patrons there. After dancing on the stage the dancer would mingle through the auditorium seats giving quick lap dances. Then the dancers would go shower and you could watch them shower nude from 4 or 5 enclosed booths facing the shower room. There was frequently several guys in one booth having sex while watching the dancer shower. You slipped money through slots in the plexiglass to the dancer so they would stand in front of you and stroked, show their ass, whatever. Also there were booths in the back that you could share with the dancer for a private but I think they were overpriced. Anyway I prefered privates in my own hotel room which was right around the corner. I didn't watch the videos downstairs. Also the featured dancers stroked off nude in the computer live cam room on the NobHill internet subscription site.

I don't know what it is like there now but this was my experience and I have good memories of the place: Also during my stay from Thursday night 10pm to Sunday morning at 10am, I saw two wonderful gay plays including the world premier of the sequel to "Boys In the Band". It was very interesting seeing the same characters deal with life 25 years later and older and how they had changed and dealt with the changes in gay life and openness of it and aids.

The French restaurant (Jean of Arc?) right beside the Nob Hill Theatre was fantastic food (don't know if it is still there). Also had wonderful sushi at a nearby restaurant. I enjoyed spending the days strolling fisherman's wharf, Chinatown and the modern art museum. The weather was fantastic as always for me in San Francisco- blue skies with clouds, no rain or fog. I have been there 6 times and its has always been beautiful un-typical SF weather.

I think I slept a total of about 8 hours during the 3 nights I was there and I packed in a lot in a short time. So I have very good memories of Nob Hill Theatre. Sad to hear that it is not of that caliber anymore.

Guest JohnPela

RE: Good Memories of the Nob Hill Theater in San Francisco -Oct 2002

Does any one else have recent experiences at the Nob Hill Theatre current situation?

Archived