Attention: Future first time Gaiety Visitors

Guest gaietyplayer
This topic is 7164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest gaietyplayer

To those who will visit the Gaiety for the first time ever or since the 80s here's some info from a patron who's been there several times in the last few years.

1. You can talk to the dancers in the lounge. On stage they can touch you but you can't touch them.

2. Stay near the pinball machine by the backstage door. Sometimes the door would be slightly cracked open and you can see inside.

3. According to this site there are dancers you should stay away from alltogether. That's true, there are.

4. Sitting next to the stage sometimes mean you are encouraged to tip at least half of the performers on stage. Don't bother siting there if you are not going to tip at all.

5. The best times to go to avoid the crowds is during the 1:30 and 3:30 shows, less of a crowd. If dancer Ben Versace is there get there early. It might get more crowded even if its during the first two shows.

6. Buy some food before going in if you plan to stay a long time. Free snacks are only offered during the evening shows on Fri and Sat.

7. At least 1/3 of its lineup is Canadian and 3/4 of its lineup is straight, be careful. That's all I'm saying.

8. If you see any from the G on the street, don't approach them they could be mean as hell for all we know.

9. Bring plenty of money there's no ATM machine.

10. If you want fun with someone as hot those Gaiety dancers, go to one of Daniel Nardicio's parties.

Other than that have fun.

Guest JohnPela

>To those who will visit the Gaiety for the first time ever or

>since the 80s here's some info from a patron who's been there

>several times in the last few years.

Good list of reminders for the firt timer. I wish I would have had such a list on my first visit Christmas week of 1997.

Many a time I have waited for my fav dancer by the pinball machine to come out after getting dressed from just performing. Or sizing up my competition waiting nearby to talk to the same dancer.

Also if you are shy like me, it helps to have another patron there, like Cooper to find out info about the dancers. I have never seen someone find out the life story about a gaiety dancer as fast as Cooper.

For future reference there is a battery of ATM's directly across the street and Denise has been known to let you out for a smoke if you ask nicely. If on the way to a private the dancers have always waited for me to get some $$$ :-)

Guest JohnPela

Also, it is always important to ask the Gaiety dancer in the lounge the right questions about what is involved in their private, what your expectations are, make sure you have a least an hour (excluding walking time) before the dancer has to be back at the Gaiety and if a private in their room to make sure they are not sharing it with another Gaiety dancer or no time conflicts.

>a smoke if you ask nicely. If on the way to a private the

>dancers have always waited for me to get some $$$ :-)

They weren't waiting. They were making sure you went to the ATM and, I am sure, your "dancer" had a list of 28 back-up ATM locations for you to use.

Stella's had an ATM right inside. Many a Stella boy would hang out near that ATM like it was the water source at Lourdes.

Thank you for all this advice. I especially appreciate the reminder to check to see that the dancer is not sharing his room with another dancer. This one hadn't crossed my mind yet, and I am SURE i would not feel comfortable if I were in a private and some other dancer and his client walked in on us -- although I presume that some people would find this quite enjoyable.

>make sure you have a

>least an hour (excluding walking time) before the dancer has

>to be back at the Gaiety

John, I'm not a regular at G but every time I have taken a guy out of there, I made sure it was for an hour and IT NEVER WAS. Usually at around 30-40 minutes, they need to rush back for their next act.

They promise a lot but once the deal is made, they don't always deliver. x(

Dick

>make sure you have a

>least an hour (excluding walking time) before the dancer has

>to be back at the Gaiety

John, I'm not a regular at G but every time I have taken a guy out of there, I made sure it was for an hour and IT NEVER WAS. Usually at around 30-40 minutes, they need to rush back for their next act.

They promise a lot but once the deal is made, they don't always deliver. x(

Dick

Guest JohnPela

>>make sure you have a

>>least an hour (excluding walking time) before the dancer has

>>to be back at the Gaiety

>

>John, I'm not a regular at G but every time I have taken a guy

>out of there, I made sure it was for an hour and IT NEVER

>WAS. Usually at around 30-40 minutes, they need to rush back

>for their next act.

>They promise a lot but once the deal is made, they don't

>always deliver. x( Dick

Dick,

One time a Gaiety dancer had only been in my hotel room for 15 minutes when he got a call from Denise that they were short a dancer and had to start the 12:10 finale parade of dancers early. I know it can be difficult about the 1 hour time allocation. I passed up a private with Louie over Thanksgiving weekend because I did the math and knew there was no way he had one hour of time for a private excluding walking time to and from the hotel. No matter what he said there was no way he had enuf time.

Guest JohnPela

>>make sure you have a

>>least an hour (excluding walking time) before the dancer has

>>to be back at the Gaiety

>

>John, I'm not a regular at G but every time I have taken a guy

>out of there, I made sure it was for an hour and IT NEVER

>WAS. Usually at around 30-40 minutes, they need to rush back

>for their next act.

>They promise a lot but once the deal is made, they don't

>always deliver. x( Dick

Dick,

One time a Gaiety dancer had only been in my hotel room for 15 minutes when he got a call from Denise that they were short a dancer and had to start the 12:10 finale parade of dancers early. I know it can be difficult about the 1 hour time allocation. I passed up a private with Louie over Thanksgiving weekend because I did the math and knew there was no way he had one hour of time for a private excluding walking time to and from the hotel. No matter what he said there was no way he had enuf time.

Archived