Stock Cameras

stripfan
This topic is 7192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi. I am getting ready for my first visit to Montreal and when checking the web site for Stock Bar I notice that they have live streaming video from the club each night between 10 pm and 2:00 am. Is it very easy to determine if you are on camera? I really don't want to be a featured attraction on the net! Any and all other advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

stripfan

Hi. I am getting ready for my first visit to Montreal and when checking the web site for Stock Bar I notice that they have live streaming video from the club each night between 10 pm and 2:00 am. Is it very easy to determine if you are on camera? I really don't want to be a featured attraction on the net! Any and all other advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

stripfan

Don't worry. The cameras are focussed on the dancer and the dancer's privates. So long as you're not seated in front of the stage, you should be fine. Besides the streaming video is not the best and I have read (on this board) people complain about it. Sit at the bar near the doors or sit/stand behind the other bar next to the restroom.

Don't worry. The cameras are focussed on the dancer and the dancer's privates. So long as you're not seated in front of the stage, you should be fine. Besides the streaming video is not the best and I have read (on this board) people complain about it. Sit at the bar near the doors or sit/stand behind the other bar next to the restroom.

As I recall, there are signs at the places near the stage which are caught on camera indicating this, and advising one not to sit there if one does not want to be immortalized in this fashion. I think these are the stageside seats on the left side as one faces the stage. Just sit somewhere else.

As I recall, there are signs at the places near the stage which are caught on camera indicating this, and advising one not to sit there if one does not want to be immortalized in this fashion. I think these are the stageside seats on the left side as one faces the stage. Just sit somewhere else.

Someone who was there recently told me that there's a little card on the tables nearest the stage advising patrons that they are sitting within camera range. Having watched the feed many times, I'd say that only a few tables (to the left of the stage, the side the shower is on) are involved. The camera sometimes pans right, but patrons there, and those caught in passing, are seen mostly in silhouette. They sometimes do bar shots (not often), but I expect those sitting there--often having a drink with a dancer--have agreed to be photographed.

The site, by the way, is terrific. Along with the live feed (which gives you a real sense of what it's like to be there), there are scads of pix of the models (nudes, not just the GP ones) as well as many video loops. You can also buy time for 'private VIP chats' with many of the dancers scheduled on any given night. I'd say it's one site that's well worth the subscription price!

Someone who was there recently told me that there's a little card on the tables nearest the stage advising patrons that they are sitting within camera range. Having watched the feed many times, I'd say that only a few tables (to the left of the stage, the side the shower is on) are involved. The camera sometimes pans right, but patrons there, and those caught in passing, are seen mostly in silhouette. They sometimes do bar shots (not often), but I expect those sitting there--often having a drink with a dancer--have agreed to be photographed.

The site, by the way, is terrific. Along with the live feed (which gives you a real sense of what it's like to be there), there are scads of pix of the models (nudes, not just the GP ones) as well as many video loops. You can also buy time for 'private VIP chats' with many of the dancers scheduled on any given night. I'd say it's one site that's well worth the subscription price!

These cameras have RUINED the energy level at the Stockbar,The "dancers"have been told they should just strut and pose(a la the gaity)rather than try to do any real dancing.Apparently the websites get complaints about the boys moving around too much.This has led to BORRRRRRING stage perfomances from dancers who used to put on great shows.As one if the boys said-"Sylvain pays us the same whether we dance or not-so why should we put out more energy than we have to"

Wellllll maybe for the tips that you might make of of someone there to watch some great numbers-and maybe who wants to have a good time.

I hope the Stock wakes up soon(like in 3 weeks!)If I find the same lack of energy I will let Sylvain know why I will not be spending very much time at his club(not that that will be a great blow to his buisness!)and I would urge any StockBar customers who feel the same as I do voice your displeasure.

These cameras have RUINED the energy level at the Stockbar,The "dancers"have been told they should just strut and pose(a la the gaity)rather than try to do any real dancing.Apparently the websites get complaints about the boys moving around too much.This has led to BORRRRRRING stage perfomances from dancers who used to put on great shows.As one if the boys said-"Sylvain pays us the same whether we dance or not-so why should we put out more energy than we have to"

Wellllll maybe for the tips that you might make of of someone there to watch some great numbers-and maybe who wants to have a good time.

I hope the Stock wakes up soon(like in 3 weeks!)If I find the same lack of energy I will let Sylvain know why I will not be spending very much time at his club(not that that will be a great blow to his buisness!)and I would urge any StockBar customers who feel the same as I do voice your displeasure.

RE: Stock Cameras & effect on dancers

I spent almost no time at Stock on my last visit. It was completely dead before 9 pm or so -- 3 or 4 songs without any dancers before a dancer came out, followed by 3 or 4 more songs. Even later in the evenings when I looked in (I wasn't there on the weekend) it wasn't much better -- more dancers, but, as bigguy wrote, they just strutted and stroked.

That being said, I have to add that even on my earlier visits, when I spent a lot more time at Stock, most of the dancers did almost nothing but walk around and pose a little. It got boring very quickly. There were some notable exceptions who really did dance, and dance well -- for example, Sam, and, notably Billy, who never did the same routine twice.

RE: Stock Cameras & effect on dancers

I spent almost no time at Stock on my last visit. It was completely dead before 9 pm or so -- 3 or 4 songs without any dancers before a dancer came out, followed by 3 or 4 more songs. Even later in the evenings when I looked in (I wasn't there on the weekend) it wasn't much better -- more dancers, but, as bigguy wrote, they just strutted and stroked.

That being said, I have to add that even on my earlier visits, when I spent a lot more time at Stock, most of the dancers did almost nothing but walk around and pose a little. It got boring very quickly. There were some notable exceptions who really did dance, and dance well -- for example, Sam, and, notably Billy, who never did the same routine twice.

I never considered that it was existence of the website cam that might be making the bar less exciting. I noticed the dip in energy level as well last trip but I was still attributing it to the new(er) location on St. Catherine. Also, it appeared that Stock had pretty much taken the title of "Best Strip Bar" away from Campus (sorry, Taboo devotees) so the Stock boys took on this semi-arrogant 'cream of the crop' attitude and didn't feel the need to be as 'friendly' as when they were located on St. Andre. I had a couple of just okay privates last trip to Stock and much better (and less expensive) ones at Campus. It's disappointing to see Stock decline in quality. Whenever I've talked to Sylvain in the past, he seems to solicit feedback about the place and I've usually given raves and congratulations on the success they've made of the place. I'm heading there the end of the month, perhaps I'll get a chance to give a more thorough critique if the opportunity presents itself again. (Although a few drinks and a decent private would probably color the commentary quite a bit.)

I never considered that it was existence of the website cam that might be making the bar less exciting. I noticed the dip in energy level as well last trip but I was still attributing it to the new(er) location on St. Catherine. Also, it appeared that Stock had pretty much taken the title of "Best Strip Bar" away from Campus (sorry, Taboo devotees) so the Stock boys took on this semi-arrogant 'cream of the crop' attitude and didn't feel the need to be as 'friendly' as when they were located on St. Andre. I had a couple of just okay privates last trip to Stock and much better (and less expensive) ones at Campus. It's disappointing to see Stock decline in quality. Whenever I've talked to Sylvain in the past, he seems to solicit feedback about the place and I've usually given raves and congratulations on the success they've made of the place. I'm heading there the end of the month, perhaps I'll get a chance to give a more thorough critique if the opportunity presents itself again. (Although a few drinks and a decent private would probably color the commentary quite a bit.)

RE: Stock changes

Did Stock change because of the cameras? Because of the move to a new location? Or maybe because they retained the $20 curtains while other bars quickly got rid of them? My limited experience suggests that changes happen – sometimes very quickly -- for karmic reasons we can’t always fathom and that our observations are isolated data points with limited predictive value.

My 1st visit to Montreal was about a year ago. My only advance knowledge was what I had read here, and I couldn’t wait for Taboo’s 7 pm opening. To kill time after checking in, I went to Campus. The dancers were aggressive (pushing for privates after perfunctory conversation), most of them seemed gay for pay and barely acknowledged each other, and I was nervous. After an hour or so, I moved down the street to Stock. There the dancers were much more low-key and friendly, and the bartender made me feel very welcome.

When I got to Taboo, there was an “in” crowd sitting down by the stage surrounded by dancers and I might as well have been part of the wallpaper for all the notice I got. I had no idea how to get a dancer’s attention. I drank a beer, then left and didn’t bother going back.

As you might guess, I ended up spending most of my club time on that visit at Stock.

Fast forward a year. Now Stock is either empty or filled with dancers who can’t/don’t dance and who push aggressively for $20 dances. At Campus the dancers are friendly and welcoming. Many of the afternoon dancers are gay, and have the respect of the straight ones. Those I don’t do privates with are still sociable and interesting to talk with. I even stop by the post-9 pm steroid shows a couple of times and find a lot less attitude than last year.

By the way, it’s not just clubs that change. Dancers change too, sometimes in a very short time. A dancer who did great privates (and with whom I thought I had good rapport) unexpectedly turned mercenary and snarled at me. A dancer at Adonis was an amazing hottie in the back room on one night – then, the next night, took a call on his cell phone in the middle of the first song!

Did Stock change because of the cameras? Because of the move to a new location? Or maybe because they retained the $20 curtains while other bars quickly got rid of them? My limited experience suggests that changes happen – sometimes very quickly -- for karmic reasons we can’t always fathom and that our observations are isolated data points with limited predictive value.

My 1st visit to Montreal was about a year ago. My only advance knowledge was what I had read here, and I couldn’t wait for Taboo’s 7 pm opening. To kill time after checking in, I went to Campus. The dancers were aggressive (pushing for privates after perfunctory conversation), most of them seemed gay for pay and barely acknowledged each other, and I was nervous. After an hour or so, I moved down the street to Stock. There the dancers were much more low-key and friendly, and the bartender made me feel very welcome.

When I got to Taboo, there was an “in” crowd sitting down by the stage surrounded by dancers and I might as well have been part of the wallpaper for all the notice I got. I had no idea how to get a dancer’s attention. I drank a beer, then left and didn’t bother going back.

As you might guess, I ended up spending most of my club time on that visit at Stock.

Fast forward a year. Now Stock is either empty or filled with dancers who can’t/don’t dance and who push aggressively for $20 dances. At Campus the dancers are friendly and welcoming. Many of the afternoon dancers are gay, and have the respect of the straight ones. Those I don’t do privates with are still sociable and interesting to talk with. I even stop by the post-9 pm steroid shows a couple of times and find a lot less attitude than last year.

By the way, it’s not just clubs that change. Dancers change too, sometimes in a very short time. A dancer who did great privates (and with whom I thought I had good rapport) unexpectedly turned mercenary and snarled at me. A dancer at Adonis was an amazing hottie in the back room on one night – then, the next night, took a call on his cell phone in the middle of the first song!

well, threes its around the stage (next to shower) has kinda labels telling that your PROBABLY can be seen on cams during performance. I took these sits couple of times, and i can tell you that it CAN happen that you'll be seen, but very rare. of course if you're afraid, you can sit somewhere behind the bar(s) and see nothing. and i'm afraid it's the only sits ( behind the bar) you'll be able to find on weekend nights after 10 pm. the place is CROWDED this time. and after Tommy's pic appeared at this year's gay Quebec guide cover, the place kinda get more attention.

well, threes its around the stage (next to shower) has kinda labels telling that your PROBABLY can be seen on cams during performance. I took these sits couple of times, and i can tell you that it CAN happen that you'll be seen, but very rare. of course if you're afraid, you can sit somewhere behind the bar(s) and see nothing. and i'm afraid it's the only sits ( behind the bar) you'll be able to find on weekend nights after 10 pm. the place is CROWDED this time. and after Tommy's pic appeared at this year's gay Quebec guide cover, the place kinda get more attention.

Good points about the ever changing strip bar experiences. The best times I've had was when I bonded with a dancer early on in the trip and spent the week being treated well as a regular by the dancer. It was like 'falling head over heels in lust' with a guy and making a new friend in Montreal at the same time. I still get together (dinner or clubbing) with dancers I met at Stock and Campus in years past(who no longer dance/strip)and it has been great to have met (bi- or straight)guys who value you as a friend even after the money relationship no longer exists. In my experience, the majority of guys in Montreal are quality people. (It's why I visit so often.):-)

Good points about the ever changing strip bar experiences. The best times I've had was when I bonded with a dancer early on in the trip and spent the week being treated well as a regular by the dancer. It was like 'falling head over heels in lust' with a guy and making a new friend in Montreal at the same time. I still get together (dinner or clubbing) with dancers I met at Stock and Campus in years past(who no longer dance/strip)and it has been great to have met (bi- or straight)guys who value you as a friend even after the money relationship no longer exists. In my experience, the majority of guys in Montreal are quality people. (It's why I visit so often.):-)

Archived