HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED TO STELLA'S...AND LA FLEUR'S

Regina
This topic is 7359 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi fellas. I tried to post to the website on Friday night, writing what I thought was a very thought provoking piece of literature only to get the message "SERVER DOWN" when I went to post. DAMN IT!! Anyway, I digress...

I went to Stella's only to discover that due to police harrassment, Cathy has banished any and all hustlers from the bar. The dancers are allowed to accept tips only to their sides, not down the front nor down the back. NO LAP DANCES. The men can dance in front of you but not on you. They can rub your shoulders and you can hug them, a little, but nothing more.

The Friday/Saturday night shows on the garden level (hey, this is New York) have taken on an aura of surreality...they're like movies I've seen of dancers in Saigon where they're in one area and you're in another. The dancers, downstairs, now can only dance in the white tile square on the floor. They can no longer step up to patrons and "say hi". If you wish to tip them, you walk to the perimeter of this "square" and pay your dancer. You have to stand the entire night as all the bar stools, except for five along the bar, have been removed from the big room. The dancers are making the best of it but they won't be there long as gratuities are WAY down. One smart assed old man in particular was waving a dollar just out of a dancer's reach, thinking it was funny. I can assure you he wasn't laughing after I went off in his fat, ruddy, wrinkly, red-eyed, pock-marked, skin-tagged face...and a kick in the ass on his way out. Like all of us, they're there making ends meet AND--like it or now--they're providing a service of entertainment. Don't make them feel worse by ridiculing them in this already abominable situation. Of course, the nasty hairy manager was running around...sometimes just walking through the dancer's numbers. Nice...like I wanna see that saggy ass in polyesther jiggle through some hot body's dance routine. Also, I'm kind of amazed that this is happening as I've heard that Cathy's husband is an ex-cop.

The dancers there were, as usual, top rate. Matrix (with that body of death, just wanna chew his pecs for hours), Mark, Babyface, Hernando, Bret, Peter...they all put on great shows. Ryder, as usual, did one of the most incredible dance sequnces I've ever seen. It's all I could do to keep from running into the white square and just licking every drop of sweat off of his body...and make a bee-line down to that fine ass and dick.

I also heard that LaFLEUR'S, along with another bar in the Chelsea area, were closed down by the police. I don't know if they're open tonight (Sunday) now if they'll be open for Monday evening's strip contest. I'm really suprised by this because every time I've been to LaFleur's it's been pretty tame.

It's amazing that New York City has become such a safe and wonderful place that the police department has the manpower to reassign cops from crime control to busting gay clubs. Such a fuss over a few hard cocks! I've never wasted my time nor money at straight strip clubs, but are you telling me that the women at all these places, when they go private with men, tell stories and play gin? Talk about your double standards!

Sorry, no smiley face tonight.

Thanks for the update. At least now, I see no reason to hurry another visit to NYC, as I loved Stellas, didn't care for Gaiety on my last visit.

Cathy? Denise? No wonder it sucks, as that is always the case when you have straights owning/managing gay places. Just see gays as dollars to suck up and don't give a shit about gays, ala Campus in Montreal. :(

I doubt it Candyman; everyone knows that there's nothing like a repressed Republican to spend oodles and oodles of cash on sex. Besides, they can only do it behind closed doors, not out in the open in a club!

I went back to Stella's last night; by the end of the evening there were about twelve dancers (including this big muscly juicy man that I was just too shy to approach...) and three patrons. Let's hope this lasts only a few weeks...at least that's what the dancers at Stella's are hoping.

Support your local strip clubs!

THE SAGA CONTINUES

To keep the number of hustlers down at Stella's, Cathy is now asking those who look "alien" for two forms of ID; this prevents those lacking citizenship from entering the establishment.

Cooper, if you ever find out where these hustlers have gone, LET ME KNOW! I've gotten to know a few of them--friends, that is--and I just wanted to keep in touch and have a few drinks with them.

-Regina

RE: THE SAGA CONTINUES

Given the current problems at Stella's and the recent shuttering of LaFleur's I found something very interesting while driving in Manhattan. Coming soon on 12th Ave. in the 50's is a huge swanky new club: Larry Flint's Hustler Club. It's amazing, there is no problem building a new million dollar straight strip club, but the friendly neighborhood gay establishments are being harrassed!

WOW, this is such bad news to hear. On my last trip to NYC I found Stella's to be such a unique place. The ultimate hustler bar were just a glance of eye contact and you had guys on you like bee's on honey. It really would seem to be a puzzle as to where so many guys may have gone that depended on the place for an income.

JOSEPH-Republicans spend money on boys and sex, BELIEVE ME!!! As a rule they just do it behind closed doors.

COOPER-Have you found our missing hustlers in New York? I've asked around and no one seems to know! We rely on you for knowledge.

Archived