Another Strip Club bites the dust

Cooper
This topic is 7475 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest JohnPela

Cooper,

Too bad, I had hoped sometime that I might be in NYC on Monday or Tuessday so I could go see this Strip Club. Well, there is always Montreal.

Guest Jordan21

RE: Adam's Wood Lounge

That's too bad.... I was hoping to visit this place! This brings me to a question - the description of the place in the Post sounded hot (provided there was as much gay sex going on as swingers, etc.). Are there any places in the U.S. where this type of stuff happens that is legal? Besides bathhouses (most of which are pretty gross).

There's something so hot about the idea of just meeting up with other people you find attractive and making eye contact, then starting to touch, pull your pants down right there, and go at it.... Particularly if there are hot dancers there too to keep things heated! The closest place I know of is in San Francisco, but their quality has been up and down for a while in terms of the dancers there; but it would be hot if there were a strip club with a sex lounge and other rooms for guys to hook up with each other or with the dancers, in private and in public. Are there any such places?

>Are there any places in the U.S. where

>this type of stuff happens that is legal? Besides bathhouses

>(most of which are pretty gross).

>

>... it would be hot if there

>were a strip club with a sex lounge and other rooms for guys

>to hook up with each other or with the dancers, in private and

>in public. Are there any such places?

The answer to that is almost certainly "no." Even where attitudes towards sex are more enlightened than in many parts of the US or where prostitution is not illegal, "public sex" is not allowed. Even in bathhouses (so I’m told ;-) ) there are signs warning that sexual activity is prohibited in the public areas. It may nevertheless occur in some establishments, but it’s sure not to be legal, and the possible consequence is just what happened at Fantasy Video. Or at Taboo last spring, for that matter. (Remember that all of the back room at Taboo was entirely open to view, so anything that went on there was "public" in that it could be seen by others. That was presumably the idea behind putting up the doors in the clubs.)

>There's something so hot about the idea of just meeting up

>with other people you find attractive and making eye contact,

>then starting to touch, pull your pants down right there, and

>go at it.... Particularly if there are hot dancers there too

>to keep things heated!

>...

>but it would be hot if there

>were a strip club with a sex lounge and other rooms for guys

>to hook up with each other or with the dancers, in private and

>in public. Are there any such places?

There was a place exactly like that in West Palm Beach. In January 2001 (? I think) there were ads in Hotspots and other Florida mags for the Grand Opening of a new stripper bar in West Palm Beach called Oasis. It sounded interesting and I wanted to see what it would be like, so I decided to drive up there. It was on a Friday night. The place turned out to be astonishing for a stripper bar.

It was set up as a members-only private club, with a membership fee, and it was possible to purchase memberships of varying duration, including one day, in an anteroom before entering the actual bar premises. Members could then go through another door into the club area. There was a barroom set up with small tables and chairs, a bar at the back, and a small area of floor (not a stage, though I believe there was an area that looked like they were building a low stage that wasn’t finished yet) in the front near the door where the dancers would come out and perform. If memory serves, there were also some sofas along the wall, but I may be confusing that with Cupid’s (also in WPB). The bartender told me that the place had been a straight sex club before, and that it had been bought out, remodeled some, and was reborn in its then-current incarnation.

After dancing the guys would circulate and work the house, like anywhere else, offering lap dances and privates. There were only about 4 or 5 dancers working, at least early in the evening. There were also very few customers, and the guys weren’t having much success. Most of them did not interest me a lot, but one in particular was a cute young guy wearing a collar, bowtie and cuffs (like a Chippendale) :9 . Lap dances took place out in the barroom. For privates there were 2 or 3 "VIP rooms" with doors along one of the side walls of the barroom. They were really just overgrown closets, literally just big enough for a double mattress. Each had a bare mattress on the floor that took up the entire floor area. The cost of using a VIP room was, if I recall correctly, $70 for a half hour. x( That was to the house for the empty "room," over and above whatever was arranged with the dancer. Not surprisingly, it did not seem to be a very popular option. It was all very prosaic, typical of the average such establishment, not very hot and not very interesting. I started to wonder why I had come all that way.

I got up and started to wander around and explore. Over on one side in the corner there was an open archway that some people had been going in and out of. I assumed it was the way to the restrooms, and I went over to look. Besides, after a couple of beers it wasn’t a bad idea to investigate where the restrooms were.

Just past the archway there was another open doorway (no door) going off to the left into a long narrow room whose walls were lined with lockers, and an attractive young woman sitting in the doorway. Straight ahead at the end of the hallway there were two large bathrooms with shower stalls and all the other facilities. And part way down the hallway there was another open archway off to the left that led to a large multi-level area. Just after turning into that hallway there was a doorway without a door on the left leading to a good-sized room whose floor was covered entirely with mattresses butting up against each other, and straight ahead there was a flight of 4 or 5 stairs leading to a large raised area which had a large jacuzzi with surrounding area and off beyond that an array of more mattresses for relaxing before or after taking the waters. These latter were separated from each other by a foot or two. There were already about 5 or 6 guys. of various types and ages in that general area partaking of the facilities of the club, and several of them appeared to be as interesting in their own ways as the dancers out front.

Suddenly feeling a desire to bathe and freshen up after a busy day, I approached the Locker Lady and was able to arrange for a place to store my clothes. She also obligingly provided a towel. Then I made my way back to the jacuzzi area and slipped in to join the three guys that were already in there. Over the course of the evening, which extended well into the wee hours, guys came and went, moving back and forth among the three areas and engaging in individual, pair, and group actvities as they chose. Some obviously came together, but most of those did not restrict themselves to each other. Pair activities tended to go on in the upper relaxation area, with group activities in the lower mattressed room. The largest number at any one time was probably about 12-15 total, though many more came through, and the largest number in the group area at any one time was probably about 8-10, though much of the time there were fewer, even sometimes none. I remained there, of course, only for dispassionate purposes to record the events of the Grand Opening and report back to you. }(

That was Friday. I already had previous plans for Saturday. On Sunday I had nothing special to do, and so I decided to make the trek back to West Palm Beach in the evening. When I arrived at the Oasis, it was DARK, CLOSED, and LOCKED UP TIGHT. x( And there was a sign on the door saying that it was closed permanently. I was stunned by the speed at which that had happened.

Since I had already gone all the way to WPB, I decided to go to Cupid’s Corner so as not to waste the trip entirely. Cupid’s is also organized as a members-only private club with memberships available at the door. That allows them to avoid the G-string regulation which applies to public bars but not private clubs, and probably some other regulations too. And, in the small anteroom before the entrance to the actual club, who was selling memberships but the Locker Lady from Friday night at the Oasis. It seems that it was the owner(s) of Cupid’s that had bought out the straight club and opened the Oasis. Of course, I asked what had happened, both of her and of the bartender. Their stories were a little different and neither one was very informative. The main part was that the owner(s) of the new Oasis had gotten "an offer they couldn’t refuse" for the club.

I haven’t been back to see what might be there in place of the Oasis. It’s hard to imagine that it was a commercial offer for the actual club, since it was open at most two days, and maybe only one, and had not yet proved itself. Also, it was closed permanently, which someone who wanted to buy the business as a business obviously would not do. It’s also hard to imagine that it was an offer for the property, since it had only shortly before been on the market, and, if someone were going to make an offer to trump the bid, why wait until the earlier purchaser had remodeled and reopened. So maybe it was an offer from the authorities: "Close down now and we won’t prosecute." Cupid’s was unaffected by what happened, but Cupid’s does not have the jacuzzi/relaxation area that Oasis did, so I am guessing that it had something to do with "public" sexual activity, even though that "public" activity was going on in a private club.

So the attempt to create a place like what you describe lasted less than 48 hours, and the result was more or less the same as what quickly happened with the new Montreal doors, though probably for a different underlying reason. If there were another place like that somewhere, at least one person on this board would probably know, and someone would probably have posted the information by now.

Is it that hard to open such a place within the boundaries of the law? What if there's a private membership? There are sex clubs in various cities after all - I suppose the issue are the dancers?

I once mentioned in another thread one of my favorite experiences, which I retell here: Long time ago (maybe 7-8 years) the Campus theater (now Club220) in San Francisco had awesome shows: two 2-man shows daily, and a group show on Thursdays through Saturdays--not just a group of strippers on stage at the same time jacking, but a really hot sex show, and not just strippers stripping in groups, but really hot guys giving each other blowjobs and more on stage and all over the place. Then four times a year they had these 20-man shows, when 20 guys would come out on stage, 5 at a time, strip, jack, suck each other, then start lap dances with all the horny guys packed in the audience, while the next 5 came out and did the same. Once all 20 guys were out there, everyone had their dicks in their hands, were sucking the strippers (I don't--but it's fun to watch), or getting sucked in some cases themselves. I remember a cute beautiful boy with my friend next to me, another one on my lap, the two of them kissing while we were playing with them, and a third stripper coming to my side and starting to blow the one on top of me while playing with my dick. It was totally hot.

Anyone remember those 20-man shows at Campus?

Any such shows ever take place elsewhere?

Maybe we should all pony together a collection and open such a place!!!!

Archived