Gay Stockbrokers

Guest edward10021
This topic is 8176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest edward10021

I am certain that you, JOHNs, are fairly loaded. And, of course, you've been approached by a few cute brokers. Are there any cute AND good brokers/financial advisors out there?

Since I am thinking about switching my broker, I would like some recommendations for the NYC area.

Being an ex-broker myself, I really don't think it takes too much to be one. As long as the 'client servicing' skill is there, you can really go far. I am tired of dealing with young women. Please share your experience with gay brokers.

Guest Thunderbuns

My advice would be to judge your broker by one criteria only.

HIS TRACK RECORD

I wouldn't trust my heart (and $$$) to a cute gay broker - his smile and willing ways might one day cause me to think with my crotch instead of my head and when you are dealing with money, that is a no no.

I don't care if my broker looks like a cross between The Elephant Man and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. If he makes me money, I love him!

Cheers - Thunderbuns

>I manage my own via an OLB. Does that count?

>

>If you would like me to manage your money, please feel free

>to send me a big check -- make it out to cash

I agree with Ready182 on this topic, just hope you send that large check made out to cash to me first :-)

Actually, try to manage your own money online? It's inexpensive, you can make your own choices, do your own research and you already have the experience being a former broker.

Cheers! Ritchie

Guest edward10021

Thanks for the advises.

Regarding using an OLB:

Analogy- Some people like to cook for themselves, but I like eating out. I don't mind the extra cost. I just want things done right.

Despite what people think, sometimes it is quite valuable having a broker. There are alot of investment techniques (ie structure products) which are not exchange traded that you can custom tailor to your risk appetite. Believe it of not, you can get more consistant returns with much lower risk (ie past 2 years).

My philosophy is, someone's getting a cut out of my trades, why not get some 'proper' service.

Let's say, you make $20 mil of transactions a year, that must amount to at least $50K of commissions. Why shouldn't you be served by a CUTIE PIE!

I've been approached by many 20+ pretty girls, but never guys. I just wonder where they are.

>If you're an ex-broker, why can't you handle it yourself?

>Which brings me to my second question, why are you an

>ex-broker?

My remarks above were abrupt and could be seen as a little nasty. That's not how I meant them and I apologize. I was truly curious why someone who was a stockbroker, and presumably knows quite alot about the stock market, would want a different person to handle his money. You answered that. Thank you.

Dan

Guest bighugbearphx

I personally don't consider "cute" to be a necessary criteria for a stockbroker :) , although having a financial advisor who is gay (especially if you are in a relationship, which isn't likely to be understood by someone who doesn't have a community-centered practice) can be a wise idea. I'm a gay tax professional in Phoenix, and I generally suggest that my clients see financial planners who are gay or who have a lot of gay clients.

As for why someone who is an former stockbroker would need to have a financial planner, the word "former" is the key here. I would assume he prefers a relatively aggressive portfolio (i.e., doesn't just trade in mutual funds or stocks that aren't likely to be subject to significant variations in value), and recognizes the fact that, since he no longer has the professional time or incentive to follow the stock market on a day to day (or hour to hour, as it seems necessary these days) basis, he considers it wise to pay someone who does. I agree with that logic.

Could he manage it himself? Of course he could. Likewise, I tell my clients who ask that they *can* also do their own tax returns. Theoretically, you can also choose to do your own dentistry, but I kind of prefer that the person drilling away at my mollar be someone who studied how to do this and has considerable experience which could make the results better for me, and well worth any additional costs. That's the reason for hiring a professional.

Guest edward10021

Thanks for the eloquent response. It¡¦s strange how the issue of an ex-broker seeking brokerage service would be of interest to people.

It¡¦s interesting that the lack of response to recommendations seems to indicate that people are either staying away from the market or managing money for themselves.

As to staying away from the market, I just have to comment that you are smart, for now at least. Although I do think something is brewing.

As to managing money for yourself, I have to say that you may not understand how the investment game work. The recommendation announcement is quite effective in boosting a stock price. The key thing is getting the announcement early. That¡¦s the reason for using a broker with an investment bank which is able to generate momentum.

However, a ¡¥cute¡¦ broker can always brighten up my day.

:9

>I would assume he prefers a relatively aggressive

>portfolio (i.e., doesn't just trade in mutual funds or

>stocks that aren't likely to be subject to significant

>variations in value), and recognizes the fact that, since he

>no longer has the professional time or incentive to follow

>the stock market on a day to day (or hour to hour, as it

>seems necessary these days) basis, he considers it wise to

>pay someone who does. I agree with that logic.

I don't.

"Investors" who try to time the market generally end up buying high and selling low. Far more lucrative is to do your homework and then invest for the long haul. Sidelining cash is NEVER the best option, because there is no way to know for sure where the bottom is.

(I know, I know. The bottom is a phone call away.)

Archived