MB=GigaBytes How? What? Help.

ValleyDwellerNorth
This topic is 5978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Depending on who is talking or what your talking about.

1 gigabyte = 1000 megabytes (Base 10 oriented) or 1 gigabyte = 1024 megabytes (Base 2 oriented).

BTW: That's why there is often a discrepancy between what the Disk Drive says on the outside of the box in the store and what the operating system reports is the amount of storage on the disk.

If you talking about how much memory the computer has, it's the second version. 3 gigabytes (3 x 1024 = 3072) is a healthy amount of memory for most people. For example: The server the M/C is running on has 2 gigabytes of memory.

For Windows Vista; Microsoft recommends 1 gigabyte. However, If I were to upgrade to Vista; I'd opt for 2 gigabyte.

Oh my gawd...I really really am a nerd! Ok! I'm really done editing this one

Daddy

RE: MB=GigaBytes How? What? Help

I haven't seen the page you're talking about, but ANY HTML guide (and there are a lot of 'em on the net) will do as long as you follow one simple rule:

Replace the angle brackets with square brackets.

In traditional HTML, you might type this to make something bold:

Hello World

But in the MC software, you might also use a > symbol inside a message so the software includes an insane amount of programming to make sure the > is NOT interpreted as an HTML "wicket".

I can't even type the square brackets here because they're seen as HTML code, but they're the brackets that are underneath the curly braces ({ and }) known so well to programmers on US standard keyboards.

Use any HTML guide, but change the angle brackets (< and >) to square brackets.

>I haven't seen the page you're talking about, but ANY HTML

>guide (and there are a lot of 'em on the net) will do as long

>as you follow one simple rule:

Here is a screen cap of this very post. I am referring to the BLUE HTML Reference on the left side. When you clicky it don't worky.

And thanks Deej for the helpful HTML hints! :)

VDN

http://froggypic.com/pics/b6c0ce61fbad6ab6940186879ce6e26c.JPG

Oh, I knew exactly what link you were talking about. I've just never seen the page it's supposed to cough up. Guess I said that poorly, huh? I was HTML-fluent before this board even existed, so it never occurred to me to click that link. ;-)

Once you convert angle brackets to square brackets, most standard HTML will work. The exception is images and you clearly know how that works.

>Oh, I knew exactly what link you were talking about. I've

>just never seen the page it's supposed to cough up. Guess I

>said that poorly, huh?

If you said gag then we would have had an etiquette issue. ;) Cough is fine as it's before Labor Day.

>Once you convert angle brackets to square brackets, most

>standard HTML will work. The exception is images and you

>clearly know how that works.

Thanks again for the tips.

Archived