Using Smilies

kjun
This topic is 6013 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When using smilies on this page they always appear next to my signature rather than where the cursor is at the time I click on them. I then have to cut and paste them where I want them to appear. Am I doing something wrong or is that just something with this site?

Thanks for your assistance.

the Cajun

>When using smilies on this page they always appear next to my

>signature rather than where the cursor is at the time I click

>on them. I then have to cut and paste them where I want them

>to appear. Am I doing something wrong or is that just

>something with this site?

>

>Thanks for your assistance.

>

>the Cajun

There is actually logic behind this behavior of the board software and you can control it to some degree.

There's a setting in the User menu that controls whether you see your sig in the messages you compose. Smilies ALWAYS get inserted after the last character of the message you're composing, which would be after your sig if you're using that setting.

You can change that setting on the User menu so that your sig shows up in your posts but you don't see it in the editing window. With this setting, smilies will show up after the last character you've typed.

The former setting makes it easy to delete and/or edit your sig for individual messages. The latter makes it impossible to delete and/or edit your sig, but puts smilies at the end of what you've typed instead of at the end of your pre-placed sig.

It's under your control. Go to the user menu to fiddle with the settings.

Archived