Help with a "size" problem------

Samai139
This topic is 6304 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am almost embarassed to post this, but I need help!!

I have a fairly new computer which uses Windows XP Home and since I've had it, I've had very few problems. But recently, after going to the Windows Update site and downloading some update or other, I have been unhappy with the size of the icons on my homepage, the size of the homepage on AOL, in other words the size of the pages I visit, including the m4m site.

I've gone to the Control Panel icon and tried various things, including changing theme, appearance, size of font, but none of this changes the size of those damn icons when the computer starts up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you like to e-mail me privately, I don't mind---but if anyone else might benefit, post it here.

You're being fairly imprecise in describing the problem.

You say "when the computer starts up", but you also specifically talk about the AOL homepage and this site -- neither of which is present when the computer starts up.

You may have had a video resolution change caused by Windows Update. Right click an empty area of the desktop and choose Properties. On the Settings page, increase the resolution.

If you're talking about the icons in the Start menu, right click the taskbar and choose properties. On the Start Menu page, click Customize and choose small icons.

These seem the two most likely culprits, but I'm really guessing. There is NO setting ANYWHERE that will affect only icons. If neither of these helps, can you bring back some clarification? :-)

Deej---

I haven't tried your suggestions yet, so this may be jpremature, but....

Sorry I wasn't clearer--I was trying to rush.

Problem: When I turn on the computer and the icons appear on the desktop, they are larger than they used to be---not so large that they are a problem, but I would like them smaller, the way they were.

The problem of "size" also appears when I go to the AOL homepage, after clicking on the AOL icon. The AOL homepage, and all the subsequnt pages are larger than they used to be.

Does this help??:?:

Meanwhile, I'll try some of your suggestions.

Thanks for your help :)))

Archived