Need help with HotSync Cable for Palm m100

Samai139
This topic is 6735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know, I know, the fact that I'm still using this "old" PDA says volumes about me, but.....

I have a Palm m100 that is fine, but I've lost the HotSync Cable and would like to replace it. The problem? When I go to Palm's Website I don't know what to buy. When I got the Palm, I was using Windows 98, I think. Now, I am using Windows XP Home Version. I still have the original CD which came with the Palm,, but don't know if it will work with the new Windows.

Anyone have any suggestions, help?? Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

I think I still have a Palm m100 sitting in a drawer around here somewhere, so you're not that far afield in still using it. Hey, if it works it works!

The software *SHOULD* install and work fine in XP although you may have to click OK in a few more dialogs during a synch because of newer security checks.

The biggest problem with getting that particular synch cable (if I recall correctly) is it was serial. I think everything after it was USB. If Palm doesn't have it, someone like CDW (http://www.cdw.com) might.

For this one, I wouldn't rely on the web. I'd pick up the phone. You're looking for someone who knows the product line well enough to know when they've found what you're looking for.

Archived