Automatic Signout

Bilbo
This topic is 7312 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It used to be that when I would get tossed off (English pun intended) by aol that I could decide to stay off and when I came back a few hours later I would have been checked out of the message center. Automatically, I'm guessing. Now, when I come back a few hours later, I'm still checked in. (Of course, I may be coming back quicker than I used to without really realizing it.)

This will be academic, a moot question for me in a couple of months, I hope. As soon as Maverick and I get moved we hope to get "one of those accesses where your're checked in all the time and everything moves faster." I know it has a two word name but I dont' remember it. However, I always think that, statistically, whenever I say anything on here, there are probably nine lurkers who've been thinking it but hadn't wanted to say it themselves. Tip of the iceberg, ya know?

>It used to be that when I would get tossed off (English pun

>intended) by aol that I could decide to stay off and when I

>came back a few hours later I would have been checked out of

>the message center. Automatically, I'm guessing. Now, when I

>come back a few hours later, I'm still checked in. (Of course,

>I may be coming back quicker than I used to without really

>realizing it.)

The system will "Toss you off" }( after three hours. I think you was comming faster that you thought you was. :9

>This will be academic, a moot question for me in a couple of

>months, I hope. As soon as Maverick and I get moved we hope to

>get "one of those accesses where your're checked in all the

>time and everything moves faster." I know it has a two word

>name but I dont' remember it. However, I always think that,

>statistically, whenever I say anything on here, there are

>probably nine lurkers who've been thinking it but hadn't

>wanted to say it themselves. Tip of the iceberg, ya know?

I'd say that for every person that posts we have 10 lurkers, but it changes dramatically over time.

Archived