The Software Upgrade

Guest YFSC
This topic is 7415 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Daddy,

Thank you for the software upgrade.

Even after the Message Center came back up after the motherboard disaster I had the impression that loading was slower than I had remembered it before the troubles. Now with the update it seems to be somewh at faster again, though still not as fast as what I recall from a while ago. I'm not sure why that should be, but the new software is an improvement in that regard.

There is another problem, though. The fonts in the Message Center have become very mu ch smaller, so much so that some of the smaller sizes that are used are illegible, and the "normal" size is hard to read. Also the principal font has changed (looks to be Times). It is now a serif font when it used to be sans-serif; serif fonts are hard er to read especially in very small sizes. (If the font is indeed Times that might also explain the decrease in size, since the letters of Times for a given pica size are smaller than those of most other common fonts at the same size.) The review sectio n of the site is unchanged in this regard, and I assume that is because only the MC software was upgraded.

I recall that the last time there was an upgrade (or maybe the time before last) there was exactly the same thing: different font and much smal ler. There were several comments and then the fonts got restored to what they had been before (or very similar if not exactly the same).

Could you please do the same fix again this time?

Is anyone else experiencing the same change and reduction in font sizes?

>Is anyone else experiencing the same change and reduction in font sizes?

Nope. I was one of those that complained last time. But, so far, I haven't seen any difference in font size. On the other hand, I've been logged into this site most of the day. Perhaps things would be different if I logged out and came in again.

The forum software hasn't changed yet, just the underlying Operating System. I'm waiting on some software pieces to arrive before upgrading the forum.

The system is running a bit slower, When I did the clean install it fixed several problems that were anoying me, but did wipe out the tuning that I had done before. Once I have all the pieces in place, I'll be tune the system.

--Daddy

Archived