Error code only when trying to view this website?

Guest Kevin 2
This topic is 7567 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I get an AOL error code ONLY when I try to view this website. The code is AppName:waol.exeAppVer 8.0.0.0 ModName jgdw400.dll ModVer: 82.0.0 Offset: 0000440f

Any clue whats causing this problem that won't go away? PS for what its worth I can continue running AOL however I can't download any pics.

Kevin -

It's probably an incompatibility of some sort between the AOL browser (which is sort of a subset of IE) and one of the ads on this site. I have to confess I've never run into this problem.

However, there are two things you can do:

(1) (Easy) Log into AOL. Then start Internet Explorer and use IE for your browsing instead of browsing inside AOL. You'll find that even though you are using the same TCP/IP connection provided by AOL (assuming you're connecting via a dial-up connection), IE will generally provide a better browsing experience: faster, smoother, better management of favorites, etc. Of course, if you're bringing along your own broadband connection, you can use IE as your browser independently of whether you are on AOL or not.

(2) (Somewhat harder but still easy) Upgrade to AOL 9.0. If you're on a fast connection, it will only take about 15 minutes to do. If you're on a dial-up, it will take much, much longer -- you might want to try it overnight or at least some time when you can walk away from the system and let it run for a few hours. But AOL 9.0 brings a fair number of new improvements, expecially in terms of email management. And the new software may -- may; not will -- eliminate the problem you're experiencing with this site.

Good luck,

BG

Archived