Inbox for Dummies

Will
This topic is 7673 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I logged on this afternoon there was the little red flag that said I had a new message in my Inbox. I went to my Inbox, but there was no new message. However, the messages that were there had been inverted. Two days ago, the last received was on the bottom; today it's on the top. (Is there a message in that???) Have I done something wrong?

For what its worth, I had the same flag and messages I have never seen before - most which were from people who had very important issues.

My thinking is that this message board software SUCKS.

I pay money for it. Daddy spends hours working to make it work.

I am shopping around for another board software. That means everything here will be lost, so save what you want, but I am fed up as well as everyone else.

Sorry you're frustrated.

I guess I'd suggest that the inbox flag showing up is a good thing: the fact that it wasn't before was a "known" bug but Daddy has it fixed now.

You've posted two messages tonight saying that you're looking for other software. I'd like to suggest two things:

(1) Every single software package has its idiosyncracies and this DCF is known as one of the best bulletin board packages. I have some experience in this area and, trust me, you're not going to find a package that's easier to use with any kind of feature/function set like the one offered here.

(2) People have invested countless hours -- literally thousands of hours if not tens of thousands of hours -- to compose the history that exists at this site. As you have stated, going to other software would require tossing that on the ashheap. People regularly refer to the archives here and discarding that is something I think few people here would be happy to see. I know I would not and I think it would be a huge mistake to do so.

BG

Archived