Trying to be nice

swallows22
This topic is 7702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

G'day, Daddy!

I know you have a thankless job, but I reckon there are times when one says-WhAT'S up.

I just made a post under the Aussie section. Then felt that I should make an apology/correction. However, my posting count remained on 43. BUT, when you go to the other sections, there is no problem with Rick Munroe's, Chucks[Hugs] or the rest of them getting counted. I spoke with you about this before and you told me in effect to piss off. There was nothing you could do about it. Wonder why it depends upon who you are. Not satisfactory. Cheers! Mate.

The post counter is not "real time".

They will increment when the system is damn good and well ready to increment them. There's no little old lady sitting in a dingy room making tick marks for everyone's posts. It's being done by the board software which Daddy did not write.

As I'm replying to this, your counter is at 45. I'm sure that over time, that will increment. Someone who looks at this thread six months from now will no-doubt see a higher number.

What displays is the last number the computer calculated for you.

>G'day, Daddy!

>I know you have a thankless job, but I reckon there are times

>when one says-WhAT'S up.

>I just made a post under the Aussie section. Then felt that I

>should make an apology/correction. However, my posting count

>remained on 43. BUT, when you go to the other sections, there

>is no problem with Rick Munroe's, Chucks[Hugs] or the rest of

>them getting counted. I spoke with you about this before and

>you told me in effect to piss off. There was nothing you could

>do about it. Wonder why it depends upon who you are. Not

>satisfactory. Cheers! Mate.

G'day, What's up is that the software that runs the message center is written by another author. Until he fixes the problem, there is little that I can do.

He's overloaded because of the Tech Bubble bursting and had to lay off all his programmers. So we have one person supporting about six different packages. Be patient, it'll work itself out over time.

Cheers!

Archived