Posting pics?

Guest jizzdepapi
This topic is 8349 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jizzdepapi

Anyone know of a trick when posting pics so that they consistently display (rather than a little box with a red X in it)?

I've posted several lately that some viewers see and others don't. I've seen pic myself after posting it but when I've returned to thread only have X box displayed. I've even had this happen with the pic open in its original url address in the background.

Are there any tricks to fix this is or is it a glitch endemic to the message center software?

Guest Daddy-In-Training

There is no trick to it...if the little red "x" shows up it means that the picture is not available.

Either the site/picture was not available, or the site was slow enough in serving it to the client that it timed out.

-- Daddy

Guest jizzdepapi

thanks for quick response, daddy. IMUO (in my uneducated opinion)little more complicated than your reply, i think though.

other posters have referred to same problem in recent past, including moderators i think. we all need a little picture posting 101. i do see this pic sometimes but not at others and i get an immediate little red-x box so i assume my request is not timing out. i always test my pics in a new internet explorer window before i post so i don't waste members' time and pic always displays ok before i post.

don't understand why initial post is okay but then is replaced with little red-x-box on subsequent viewing and why that is true for some other viewers but not all. and why sometimes a little red-x box is replaced by the pic on later viewings.

thanks again,

jizz

p.s.: have restarted computer and problem persists. have also opened actual pic in IE in background and problem persists, though intermittently here

Jizz,

I'm certainly no expert about this but I think it's possible for a webmaster to prevent his pics from being linked to another site. In other words, you can view the pics when you're visiting his site, but you can't link them to this site.

I say this because in a few instances I've actually gotten a message to this effect when attempting to include them in a post here.

i always test my pics in a new internet explorer window before i post so i don't waste members' time and pic always displays ok before i post.

You're probably seeing your locally cached image when you do that.

Most of the images you've posted come from "free" servers such as Geocities or Yahoo. Those free servers are known to "hiccup" with great regularity. That's why it appears to happen at random.

Also, when the browser is downloading a thread, it is working hard on displaying the thread itself (and all the icons and buttons and lines and....) and may not work as hard retrying an inline image.

Ain't no magic pill for it.

Guest jizzdepapi

hmmmmmmmm...........

works sometimes, not other times. on some computers and not on others. i can always see my pic initially ON the thread in THIS message center where i posted it but then it frequently displays as little red-x box on subsequent viewings.

dont mean to be difficult (though i haven't been able to afford a papi for several weeks) but i do think there is a computer gremlin in this software that is causing the problem.

i cant tell but are pics of Pedro and Mark Antorino displaying properly on other members' computers?

jizz

Archived