Editing Messages

Justice
This topic is 8385 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You used to have a window of opportunity to edit messages after they were posted. The last couple of times that I tried to edit something, I got an error message that said something to the effect that you only had one minute after the message posted to edit it.:-( That's not enough time! x( Yes, I know that you can preview your message before you post it -- but sometimes you don't see something until after you've posted it. Please increase the amount of time that a message can be edited. Thanks!

Guest Daddy-In-Training

Since you have humbly approached the altar with the appropriate demenor...I grant your prayer. <Benevolent Smile>.

From this time on...You now have 60 minutes in which to consider your slings and arrows and may recall and/or redesign them as you see fit. <Benevolent Smile>

Please feel free to make an offering on the way out the door.

-- Daddy

Guest trekker

>Since you have humbly approached the altar with the appropriate demenor...I grant your prayer. <Benevolent Smile>.

>

>From this time on...You now have 60 minutes in which to consider

>your slings and arrows and may recall and/or redesign them as you

>see fit. <Benevolent Smile>

>

>Please feel free to make an

>offering on the way out

>the door.

>

>-- Daddy

Daddy, i am humbly crawling towards the altar, bearing offerings both burnt and unburnt, which i fervently hope will please You. i am sincerely grateful that You have granted us 60 minutes in which to correct the errors of our posts, and i do not wish to seem ungrateful to You for that. But it has come to pass that a great slowdown has afflicted our message center, such that we can no longer even *see* our posts within 60 minutes, let alone recall or redesign them, and then they magically appear long after we have completed our homage to the electron god and gone on to other worship. Of course, we hope for an early cure for this hellish affliction of the message center, but in the meantime is there some temporal remedy that You might bestow upon us, that we might do that which You have in Your wisdom allowed?

Guest Daddy-In-Training

and I was hopeing to see Rick crawling towards me sky-clad...Oh, well...maybe in the next prayer.

Granted!

-- Daddy

Guest Daddy-In-Training

Sorry Guys, Because of the BS that's been going on....Hoo has elected to goto a moderated forum. I have to reduce the edit time back to 1 minute because it allows people to edit the message after the moderator has approved the message.

Perhaps, as time goes on...we'll be able to relax the security and in fact I'll be talking to Hoo about a different method.

-- Daddy

Guest Daddy-In-Training

I'm on my knees Baby, start Crawling! Ohhh Baby, your going to be in my dreams tonight!

-- Daddy

Even though the forum is being moderated, we should have a window of opportunity to edit those messages that have survived the screening process. Any edited post which violates the rules can (and should) be deleted. If people persist in violating the rules then you can go back to the one minute rule. Please reconsider. Thank you.

Guest trekker

> I have to

>reduce the edit time back

>to 1 minute because it

>allows people to edit the

>message after the moderator has

>approved the message.

Has there been an actual problem with this since the forums became moderated, or is it just a theoretical possibility that you are worried about? As in, has anyone actually edited a message that passed the test and got posted to add something slanderous or libelous, or to reveal private or personal information? ("The guidelines are logical: No slander, no libel, no revealing private or personal information.")

Guest Daddy-In-Training

The hole was that it was possible to edit the message that had been approved and that the edited version went up immediately with out going through a 2nd review by the moderators.

Hopefully, the situation will calm down over the next few days. But that depends greatly on the few loose cannons that have been making the message board a rather vile place.

Hoo and I have been discussing the various options of how to loosen the reins and once done how to deal with the problem children when they show up. However, I should point out that Hooboy has the final say on the matter, and I support whatever discision that he makes (including remaining moderated if need be).

-- Daddy

Guest Daddy-In-Training

Honey, It was awsome...I dont't which I liked better the part of you that tasted like a banana or the part that tasted like a cherry.

BTW: Did you know that your eyes bulged out when I stuck my tongue that far up your......

Needless to say, When I visit NY, your on the top of my list...Hummm, Do I tell you who I am before or after, interesting question.

-- Daddy

Archived