Today's Reviews make my computer freeze

Justice
This topic is 8476 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My computer freezes everytime I try to access today's 2/26/2001) reviews. This never happened before. I've closed all unncessary applications (i.e., like instant messaging) and the problem still occurs. I can read existing reviews and access the message center, but today's reviews start to load and then everything freezes up. I have to shut my computer off in order to continue.

Guest bottomboykk

I'm having a similar problem. I finally realized if I'm patient enough, eventually everything works ok, but when I initially start looking at today's reviews, everything seems frozen, but after a while all is ok. It took me about 3 times of shutting down IE before I realized that is was a delay instead of a total freeze. Strange problem. Never had that before.

Guest Daddy-In-Training

Hummm...I got a long pause the first time....but have able to access all the reviews for today. What are your browsers? and Vat was you doing exactly (On the computer!)?

Thanks

-- Daddy

Guest Daddy-In-Training

One of Hooboys advertisers is down...causing a delay painter the new reviews page...I've let him know what's going on.

-- Daddy

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-01 AT 00:37AM (EST)[p]Hey Daddy,

>What are your

>browsers?

IE and Windows 98. I have a cable modem. (I use Norton's for both my firewall and my virus protection. It's probably redundant but I also use Guard Dog to alert me about cookies -- I hate unnecessary cookies!)

>and Vat was

>you doing exactly (On the

>computer!)?

The first time that this happened -- AOL IM was running, Hotmail was minimized and I had justed entered this site. (My scanner and printer were both turned on.) The second, third and forth time that this happened IM, and Hotmail were closed and all unused equipment was turned off.

F.Y.I., today's (2/27/01) reviews load slowly but the computer doesn't freeze. The problem seems to be addressed in your next post.

Thanks!

Justice

Archived