New Orleans in January

Linden Groves
This topic is 6348 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm headed to New Orleans in January. The last info on hustlers in New Orleans is almost three years old, posted by Big Guy In Pasadena who graciously provided the following report:

"We went to the [Corner]Pocket every night. On Saturday I explored Rampart. Both the 7th Circle and Ninth Circle held great promise-I will return, and I found a great blues place on Rampart and St.Anne. The Double Play,and the Rawhide both had "working boys" hanging out."

Can anyone provide an update of the current conditions? Thanks.

Try the Bayou Bar of the old Pontchartrain Hotel on St. Charles. In its day, The Pontchartrain was the finest hotel in the city; sadly, it is Motel 6 in atmosphere. In recent years, the bar has attracted youthful male "college students" seeking assistance with tuition. Indeed, ugly rumour has it that Tom Cruise "hooked up" in the Bayou Bar.I do not recommend it as a accomodation, and, the restaurant should be avoided at all costs, but, the penthouse suite, the hangout of Cruise whilst filimg "Interview with the Vampire" and the Aga Khan & Rita Hayworth adjoining suites, rooms occupied by those luminaries in the course of their sojourns at New Orleans, should be seen if an accomodating clerk is on the front desk.

Archived