San Francisco

steven1853
This topic is 6983 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well Steven, your a few years too late. The hustler scene in SF is not much of a scene any longer. Market Street, Polk Street, QT's, The Girafe, the bar across from the Girafe, all places where one could score. Now, just about nothing left. Your best bet is probably the newspapers, with massage ads, etc. You might find one or two still on Polk,wondering up and down between Sutter and Geary,or on Castro but don't hold your breath. Most of them these days are into the drugs and of course that is not a very good scene at all. The hustler scene in SF use to be fantastic, Market street with it's so called "meat rack that stretched from 7th to Powell, guys just lining up along the business, waiting for someone to make eye contact, no more, truly sad, sad for us at least. Good luck, on your search.

World Traveler

It's true, the street scene seems to be a bygone era. I have a feeling it won't be long before the next generation of comptech start-up CEO's are peddling their asses on Polk St., but in the meantime, try Craigslist. It's been the boring old same-olds lately, but you never know when someone new might show up.

Kids... they don't run away from home anymore, they just run to cyberspace.

Trix

I must second the above comments. I remember my first trip to San Francisco back in 1990. I had the best time. Every night I picked up a different cute boy along Polk Street, and the choice was plentiful. Now when I visit its just memories. Who would have thought Polk Street of all places would become so boring?

DT

• 1 month later...

Who would have thought about the big changes that have taken place in San Francisco during the past decade: there is no longer a strictly "gay community" so to speak as there was back then.

I'm glad I was able to experience Polk, the Haight, Folsom/South of Market, Market, and the Castro during their hay day; and let us not forget the theaters: The Nob Hill, the Campus, etc.....

Perhaps some of this might return but in a varying form!

I get the impression that the hustler scene has almost died in all the major American cities. Here in New York City we do not have a single outright hustler bar anymore since Stellas closed. With the internet having become so pervasive over the last several years, it seems to have been the main factor in the disappearance of hustling venues---whether in the streets or in bars.

ag

Archived