Hollywood's "Spotlight"

imrthr
This topic is 7140 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Many years ago the "Spotlight" was once a bar where good-looking hustlers could be found both within the premises and/or on the streets near the Spotlight.

There are many postings on this board discussing how the Spotlight has deteriorated and how "seedy" it now is. I have visited the Spotlight and I agree that it is a depressing place.

What surprises me is that I do not see where anyone has mentioned that the Spotlight has had its second murder this year of one of its patrons (Johns).

The latest murder occurred only last week. The victim was observed leaving the Spotlight with a long-haired younger man who was not a regular at the Spotlight. The victim had been introduced to the younger man by one of the bartenders. The victim was later discovered strangled in his apartment. The police have not arrested anyone for this crime.

It is really sad that there are only two hustler bars in this hugh city called Los Angeles (Spotlight and Numbers). It is no wonder that Americans go to Montreal and Brazil to find reasonably safe entertainment and enjoyment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cliffw

Spotlight has always been seedy and rundown

I went there maybe 3 times in the 70's out of curiosity and it was total trash then. All I'm hearing is that it hasn't changed.

Archived