San Francisco Followup

Denver Traveler
This topic is 7740 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While in San Francisco over President's Day weekend, I spoke to two twink types working a block off of 18th St between Collingwood and Diamond in the Castro. While I like twinks as much as Marc does, both these guys had obvious (and nasty looking) needle tracks, so I passed. :-(

The other guys who posted to my previous thread were right about Polk Street. It is a shell of what it used to be. Dead, dead, dead. Another institution passes into memory (sigh).

Quite honestly with the availability of today's technology (inexpensive pagers, inexpensive Internet service that allows "advertising" on the 'Net as well as free publicity here), my guess is that any gay man choosing the work the street isn't very functional -- unless he, for some strange reason -- finds working on the street more enjoyable.

Guest rick7nyc

One reason some guys work the streets is because they are under 21 and cannot get into bars. I was 17 when I first tricked and hanging outside certain bars in the city was the closest you could get.

Archived