Imagine...

Guest JT
This topic is 8199 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was reading an article in the Dec. 3rd issue of Time, it has a list of the things that were banned or declared "unclean" by the Ministry for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice in the Taliban government:

For everyone:

- Pork, pig oil and lobster

- Movies and photographs

- VCRs, TVs and satellite dishes

- Computers and the Internet

- Kite flying and chess playing

- Pool tables and firecrackers

- Pet pigeons and sewing catalogs

- Clapping at sporting events

- Singing and dancing

- Anything that propagates sex and is full of music

Imagine the kind of life gay (and str8) men/women had under the Taliban rule (even if people could financially afford these things)!

JT

Damn!!! I was just getting ready to incorporate most of those into our rules here. Now my true agenda has been uncovered.

Well, now that its out, please excuse me. I have a fitting for a rhinestone encrusted turban, then I'll get back to filtering that vile, unclean Christiane Amanpour.

HooHah

"Less Madonna, More Cat Stevens"

For everyone:

- Pork, pig oil and lobster- Sounds like an awlful dish, chicken is better with pork oil and lobster. Add some saltines, velvetta, and a can of cream of mushroom soup for hearty cassserole.

- Movies and photographs- I am not phtogenic anyway.

- VCRs, TVs and satellite dishes- No late fees from viedo rental

- Computers and the Internet- I wouldn't be interested in hookers then, I'd save money.

- Kite flying and chess playing- No need to explain.

- Pool tables and firecrackers- obnoxious habits from working class folk that sport mullet haircuts.

- Pet pigeons and sewing catalogs- Pigeons are flying rats, are worse than poodles.

- Clapping at sporting events- save your hands for masterbation.

- Singing and dancing - Most straight men cannot dance anyway.

- Anything that propagates sex and is full of music- Already in effect in Kansas and Orange County, CA.

Archived