long-term Bangkok stay

TerryP
This topic is 5665 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some of you might remember me from around this time last year, asking a lot of questions while I was planning my first trip to Thailand. This time I am thinking of going back for longer - possibly for 2 months. I wonder if any of you can give me some advice on how I would find a place to stay in Bangkok for this length of time, and what I could reasonably expect to pay for a clean, furnished vacation-rental apartment of sorts. I would not be looking for anything lavish. Comments?

- Terry

Hi,

I've been at Villa Suan Plu for the last four months. It is fine by my standards and the one room "apartment" w/bath cost only 8,500 Baht per month plus utilities which run about 2,000 for elec. & water. Good location very near the immigration office and post office. If you need more info, let me know.

the Cajun

That is pretty amazing.

Kjun - do I have to contact them for these long-term rates? I found their webpage but do not see those rates listed:

http://villasuanplu.com/rates.htm

Which of those apartments do you have for that price? Do you think that price is available for just a one or two month stay?

Appreciate a little further info...for that price why wouldn't I stay a month or two!

- Terry

Since I used to go to Thailand so much. I learned some very basic Thai- enough to make small talk, tell a guy how handsom hew was, ask him to cum, and where the bathroom is. I could count in Thai and order in Thai at a restaurant. Sadly, it is all gone, except for a few phrases. alliteration is something like

pom yar(k) hen koon chok wow

The k is said very lightly- let me know what your lao mah boyfriend says!

People appreciated my attempts to speak their language, but some just started chatting in Thai assuming that I was fluent! I could not

kow jai the spoken word.

Archived