Tartawan Hotel Bangkok

arthur
This topic is 6364 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In 2002 I stayed five days in the Tartawan Hotel and loved it. I've been thinking about returning to Bangkok and just wondered if anyone has had any more recent experience with this hotel. I'm hoping that staying there again would once more be a very enjoyable experience. Thanks.

ag

I was there for 4 days last week. The staff of the hotel were very pleasant and extremely helpful. The location is very good in the Surawong-Silom area of gay bars, retaurants and go-go joints...very easy walking distance.

I had a Jr suite which was roomy but the furnishings were somewhat spartan and the bathroom was serviceable and functioning but had a dated, old quality about it. Lighting in the room was a bit gloomy.

Satisfactory, but not quite the value one can get in Thailand for the money.

But the location can't be beat for "fooling around" and the staff are great.

Security for you when you bring guests back to the room is outstanding; guests IDs are checked and your room is called as they depart to make sure you are okay.

>I was there for 4 days last week. The staff of the hotel were

>very pleasant and extremely helpful. The location is very good

>in the Surawong-Silom area of gay bars, retaurants and go-go

>joints...very easy walking distance.

>I had a Jr suite which was roomy but the furnishings were

>somewhat spartan and the bathroom was serviceable and

>functioning but had a dated, old quality about it. Lighting in

>the room was a bit gloomy.

>Satisfactory, but not quite the value one can get in Thailand

>for the money.

>But the location can't be beat for "fooling around" and the

>staff are great.

>Security for you when you bring guests back to the room is

>outstanding; guests IDs are checked and your room is called as

>they depart to make sure you are okay.

The staff at this hotel was outstanding; the location was superb, and having guests was indeed simple, easy, and without any hassles. In fact, the staff was extremely supportive in this area. The place was quiet, too, although one sees a few farangs and their guests coming and going at varying times throughout the day.

I didn't like the breaskfast as well as I liked the other features.

In spite of the slight negatives that the most recent respondent made and my reference to the breakfast, this venue is NOT BAD AT ALL for one's lodging, the money one pays for it, and for its superb location.

(I stayed there for a week in January 2006; prior to that I stayed a week at the (four star) Montien Hotel that was not too far away from the Tartawan Hotel; This was a star quality hotel during the holiday season, but when I took one guest there, he slipped himself (us) through the back way nearest the main restaurant; we encountered one employee, but the man didn't say anything to either of us.)

Read about this hotel in the archives, too!

I have stayed at the Tarntawan about 6 times the last time about 2 and a half years ago. I love the location and the excellent service. The rooms I found were becoming rather tired (some would say shabby). There has been a recent renovation and I started a thread on another website recently asking people who were able for comments on the "before and after" state of the rooms. The overwhelming consensus was that there was a discernable difference although not spectacular. A warning for those who have not stayed there before is that the lower floor rooms facing the back look out on to a brick wall so always request a front room or a high floor room if at the rear. I have never understood complaints that the Tartawan was relatively expensive. To me it has always been good value.

Axiom, congratulations if you succesfuly got a "guest" to your room in the Montien Hotel. The one time I did it, security came knocking at the door. I reluctantly answered it and was asked if I had a woman in the room. Of course, I said no. But the guard insisted on checking for himself and discovered my underwear clad hunk sitting on the bed. After some discussion, it was decided that he could stay if I paid more money. The guard needed the guy's ID, which he didn't have, so the deal was off. But I didn't get off!

Archived