Police Kidnap Boyz Boyz Customer

Lucky
This topic is 6610 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We read every so often about how dangerous Brazil is, but here is a story from today's Pattay Mail which will make you think twice about your safety in Thailand:

Arrest warrants issued for two police officers who allegedly kidnapped Finnish man

Gang of six snatched visitor and demanded 700,000 baht ransom

Patcharapol Panrak

Two police officers have been implicated in the kidnapping of a Finnish man who was snatched from outside a Jomtien Beach hotel by six men who demanded a ransom of 700,000 baht.

Officer Bunyong Raengkhong

A report was filed with Khongkongtaal Police Sub-station on March 17 by Mrs Phaiwee Christina, residing at the Ayari Khong Hanuman Hotel on Jomtien Beach Road, stating that Karinen Harri Juhani, a 52-year-old Finnish national been kidnapped and a ransom of 700,000 baht was being demanded for his release.

Pol Lt Gen Jongrak Juthanon, commander of Region 2, immediately directed a high-level team led by his deputy Pol Maj Gen Rapepat Palawong, commander of Chonburi police Pol Col Narabun Naenna, and commander of Pattaya Municipal Police Pol Col Somnuk Changate to carry out the investigations.

Within a couple of hours the team had made a breakthrough, establishing that Juhani had gone drinking at the Boyz Boyz Boyz Bar in Soi Pattayaland 3 and had invited 18-year-old Anant Phisamai, an employee of the bar, to go and sleep with him. Anant had hired a motorcycle to take them to the Ayari Khong Hanuman Hotel.

Officer Precha Tamsaang

On arrival at the entrance to Pattaya Park Hotel six strong-arm males claimed that they were police officers and seized Juhani and Anant, saying they were being taken to Khlong Luang Police Station in Pathum Thani to be fingerprinted and charged. If they did not want to be charged then they must pay 700,000 baht. Juhani told them that he was not carrying such an amount. The two were then taken to Niran Grand Condo to wait for Mrs Phaiwee Christina to bring the 700,000 baht for the release.

During the commotion, Anant had managed to escape, and filed a police report. Pattaya Municipal Police went to assist Juhani but the six had disappeared before the officers arrived at the scene.

Police later arrested Pholsant Saengprasert, 45, and he admitted to the crime. He also told police that the other men were Precha Tamsaang and Bunyong Raengkhong, both patrol officers at Khlong Luang Police Station in Pathum Thani, along with two men that he named as Aree and Jiw, whose surnames were unknown, and a man named as Win, a Burmese.

Pholsant was charged with kidnapping, holding a person forcefully against their will, and demanding a ransom.

Pol Col Somnuk said that the five men were still on the run. Arrest warrants were issued on March 21 for officers Precha and Bunyong and sent to Khlong Luang Police Station, but station officers reported that the pair had already disappeared. The arrest warrants have now been sent to police stations throughout the country and photographs of the officers are being circulated.

Any sightings of the men, or any similar abduction cases, should be reported immediately on tel 0 3842 9325, 01-5778865.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

The weekly report on pattayagay.com reports on the above story and adds a new one:

AND ANOTHER SIMILAR SCAM

BUT WITHOUT POLICE BEING INVOLVED

I have received another genuine-sounding report of a somewhat similar scam, also reportedly going on in this area. "Don" writes:

KIDNAPERS TARGET GAY COMMUNITY

"The pattern is always the same. Mature men are contacted through several of the online web sites and a meeting is scheduled in a public place and then you are taken to an apartment that turns out to be a hotel, and a second man is there with a gun and knife. You are then held and forced to give up your PIN to access your credit card and ATM accounts.

"Every abduction is very similar with the same results .. money gone and you are told not to contact the police because the kidnappers have placed illegal drugs in your home or hotel room and they will notify the Thai Police.

"You are terrified and don’t know what to do.

"This happened to me a month ago and I’m still dealing with the terror that I went through but I’m also working with the US Embassy and the Thai Police. I have decided to fight these men and try to stop them from hurting and robbing others. I have found out that at least 10 other men have gone through this, as late as February and my kidnapping in March. This kidnapper has now contacted a friend of mine, it is a small world, and we have now informed the US Embassy and will contact the Thai Police regarding this.

"The kidnapper is a 26 year old man who is half Thai and Indian, 183cm tall and nice looking. He was arrested last year for the same crime but has been released and is now back at it again. He works with another man who will just show up and act as if he is a good friend. But soon the gun and knife come out and you are stripped naked and handcuffed. Threats are made and a knife is put to your neck and you give your PIN up very easily.

"Once they have all the money they can get out of your accounts, you are released and sent on your way with a final warning not to contact police or you will regret it.

"For those who have accounts outside of Thailand, you will most likely get your money back. BUT if you have money in any Thai bank, your money is gone. The people at Bangkok Bank told me I shouldn’t have given out my PIN. The only way to get my money back is for the Thai Police to get the thieves and have them return my money.

"I’m attaching a photo of the man who kidnapped me. The kidnapper sent his photo to my friend who is talking with him now. So please be on the lookout for him. He will trap you ... he is very good at this. If you know of anyone who has had the same experience, please let me know. I’d like to get his information and pass it on to the U.S. Embassy. Names are not necessary, I'm just trying to get a list of times and dates when these kidnappings are taking place so IF these men are caught, we have more information for the police." [Note from G.P. I have the photo provided, and will send a copy to anyone so requesting, but I will not publish it on the internet.]

"Please pass this on to anyone you think should know about this.

Archived