Axiom's Thailand Venture!!!!

Lucky
This topic is 6400 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Are they still offering the long-tailed boat rides to Phang Na Bay? (sorry if that isn't the way it is spelled)

The area was hard hit by the tsunami, but was so beautiful that you wouldn't want to miss it if you could take the tour, including the James Bond Island.

Guest chaotou

One of the most fun things I did in Phuket, perhaps in all of Thailand was a boat tour in Phang Nga Bay. I used "Sea Canoe." They are the original and very eco-friendly. I think there are many knock offs now too. I can only recommend Sea Canoe. http://www.seacanoe.net/

They will pick you up at your hotel. Take you to the dock. You get on a large boat and head out into the bay. You get on and off the big boat into canoes and explore the islands, including going through the caves inside the islands. Very cool. Each canoe has an "English speaking guide" who will row, guide the boat, etc. Each canoe holds two people and the guide. I was with a friend. If you went alone, maybe it would be just you and the guild.

They serve lunch on the boat. The chefs are busy cooking up a great Thai meal while you are off exploring. The food was great.

Last evening while I awaited to enter to see Fantasea, an elegant and superbly done show held in Phuket, I began to reflect on my Thailand journey which I have endured for almost a month. For the first two weeks I was surrounded and steeped in much culture and history of which I truly appreciated and shall always cherish; in between times I hit a few clubs in Bkk (Dreamboys and Tawan and Future Boys) and had an excellent massage from Dom at B&N's. On the 11th of January, I return to Bkk: I plan to take in more culture and have a few more sexual encounters: I also want Dom to give me another titillating massage, as the boy knows how to stimulate one.

While I am back in Bkk, I'll make sure that I'll utilize the information that I sought here to culminate my total experience with a blast....

In conjunction to my New Year's in Pattaya-- well, it WAS NOT what I'd envisoned; I spent almost five hours at a party which was held by an expat. The host was amiable, but his guests were all accompanied by ladyboys. Communication amongst the expat guests and their ladyboys and me was minimal, to say the least.

An acquaintance from South Africa, who I met at the guesthouse where I stayed, and I were bored out of our skulls; we had a miserable time, but in looking back-- I should HAVE LEFT after the first or second hour but stayed out of politeness; I was invited by the owner of the guest house where I stayed.

Currently I am in Phuket but will be glad to return to Bkk on this Thursday; I am not enjoying traveling alone to this beach town and do not care to connect with the guys who are too young and have little in common with me; I did NOT take this month's trip merely to have sexual romps with guys or to have someone on my arm who says that he loves me.

The guide that I was suppose to meet who is a friend of two of my Aussie friends, is in Norway; he traveled out of his land while I traveled to his; he has sent me two emails within the past two days apologizing for the change.

So today I am at a slight loss as to what to do: I think I shall venture to the gay beach and perhaps go to beautiful Kamala Beach. I've done an island tour (which was worthwhile)--plan to do another tomorrow; I'll do Thai boxing tonight and take in a show at Simon's tomorrow, too. (...met four Aussie young ladies in my van to Fantasea last evening who mentioned that there was not much to do in Phuket; I guess they hit a nerve as well as made a point which is indicative of my situation).

Next time I'll know to travel with a friend or guide to these two beach areas!

(I used your guidance fellows, and I thank you!!)

>Are they still offering the long-tailed boat rides to Phang

>Na Bay? (sorry if that isn't the way it is spelled)

>

>The area was hard hit by the tsunami, but was so beautiful

>that you wouldn't want to miss it if you could take the tour,

>including the James Bond Island.

...went to James Bond Island as well as Phi Phi Island. ...truly liked them both. Have decided to give Phuket as well as Pattaya another chance and try but plan to have some compatible companion along!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

It has been exactly ten days to date since I returned to the States and to California. For these days I have had difficulty in readjusting to the time variance, but each day I recall and smile at many of the experiences that I underwent while in lovely and wonderful Thailand, dubbed as "the land of smiles."

Aside for being part of a group for two weeks--which as I reflect--was just wonderful, wonderful, wonderful in meeting the locals in various settings, attending a cooking school/restaurant, going to an orphanage, rose/flower and fish farm, meeting the hill tribespersons in their community/ lodgings, having meals/dinners with private families, hearing a lecture given by a Buddist monk, participating in giving offerings to monks in the wee hours of the morning,and on and on.

But that is NOT what many of you fellows would like to read. Am I not accurate? After the group disbanded, and the participants went on their separate journey back to the States or to Chiang Rai, I traveled to Pattaya and stayed at a gay guest house. Although the lodging was reasonably priced, the owners did not accept credit cards, were too aloof and disorganized for my tastes, and just did not run this place as a business should be run. The two things that it has going for it is: all occupants had a key for the private entrance, and the soi in which the guesthouse was located was quiet, quiet. I did feel part of the community while I stayed there; each morning as I would go down the street to breakfast, most of the individuals who were visible would speak. A lot of expats lived in the area, but the persons who greeted me warmly were the Thai locals.

Jontiem Beach, I loved; the restauarant near the gay beach I liked very much. Next time I might want to stay across the soi from the beach; I did in 1994, and the location was just fantastic.

Beach Road saw too much of me (which was not my choice). I had difficulty finding where I wanted to go in many instances, and the baht bus drivers took advantage of my not knowing Thai and where I stayed which was up on a hill, a good way from all of the main happenings.

As far as restaurants go, I enjoyed my meals at LeCafe, Amor, Cabbages and Condoms (which was down the street from the guest house).

Had one excellent, sensual and erotic massage from a guy at Blue something; he's number 10 and really knows how to turn up the heat. He gave me one hell of a massage; when he had finished and was giving me my release-- he was rock hard! I should have carried our sessions into other areas but did not know my parameters.

In terms of the gogo clubs--...went to Boyz Boyz Boyz but failed to off anyone. On my next to my last night-- I ventured to Lex's Boys or something in the Night/Day soi; ...liked the visions-- offed a guy who was slightly interactive back at the guest house, and I overpaid him, my doing, not his.

Phuket graced my presence for seven days. Note the first response as to my experiences... After I returned from Phuket, I fell in love with Bangkok, and although I was slightly anxious to return to the States after being away for a month, in looking back, I could have much longer.

I really enjoyed the hotel where I stayed, the immediate environs in which it was located, and my experiences which included culture, massages, good meals at restaurants--i.e., The Sphinx and The Mango Tree and Dick's Cafe.

Unfortunately, I did not take full advantage of the Thai guys, and from the ones that I did off-- I was not completely satisfied.

On the night before I left, I offed a guy from Dreamboys; I'd wanted number 58 who was a "dreamboy" in his own right, but when I planned to do the good deed, he was across the room with another; I was pissed and upset with myself. I offed number 77; he seemed interested while at the club; when we arrived at my hotel room-- he did an about face.

The guy was the pits sexually; he didn't satisfy me AT ALL and had the nerve to say that he'd like to spend the night with me. I turned him down and told him that I had not been pleased; I guess he understood!

But, all in all, I am glad that I was able to take the trip and currently yearn to be back there for many-- many reasons. I am seriously thinking about going back and living for a year or two as well as being employed parttime or fulltime-- teaching EFL to adults/business persons... If I get the certificate that I want-- it will be Brasil or Hong Kong or Thailand.....

If anyone has any specific questions to ask me-- drop me a private email, please. I am not loath to respond! I shall write with eagerness and much more clarity than what is above.... :9

I think when we first encouter Thailand, the abundance of cute boys is overwhelmng. But once that is adjusted to, then there is more time for exploring. So a long stay can be fun as it gets you out of the cities and in to some wonderful Thai experiences. Your experiences with the monks in the morning and the gardens, etc. are pretty enticing.

I have enjoyed going up to the river Kwai, to the border town of Mae Sa and then walking in to Burma. Chiang Mai and Chang Rai were pretty interesting too. Those darn umbrella factories! There is always a side tour one can take. I once ended up in a Buddhist parade with the family of my favorite bar boy. (They were so proud of him!)

In Pattaya I never got too adventurous, and I found Phuket underwhelming except for the Phang Na Bay tour.

SO, Axiom, your adventures are fun to hear about as they bring back memories of my own. It is fun to get out of the bar scene. But the most I ever stayed in Thailand was three weeks. SO I give you a lot fo credit for an adventurous spirit.Thanks!

Just to clarify a couple of things, I believe the "Blue something" massage venue was Blue House Bar and Massage. Very nearby is the Leks Boys gogo bar (http://www.leksboys.com/). I believe that Lek used to be the doorman or manager at BoyzBoyzBoyz. As for Pattaya accomodations, as Axiom found out, if you are not comfortable riding on the back of a motorcycle taxi it is best to stay at a place near one of the major baht bus routes as it is inconvenient and/or expensive to hire a baht bus away from its regular route. A normal baht bus ride is about 25 cents, but once you hire it for private conveyance the price jumps dramatically.

Axiom, I thin the SEX in thailand doesnt compare to that of Brasil...but the guys are much nicer and more genuine than in Brasil.

you dont have to worry if your cologne, camera and cell phone is locked up and secure in Thailand as in Brasil.

I would have to say in "MY TRAVELS" that for sex, Cuba is #1 followed by Brasil.

I explained to someone that asked me about Thailand that pattaya you would probably have a 40% success ratio of having good sex, bangkok 50% , anywhere in brasil 90%, and cuba 99%.

now there are different factors for different places, like food....cuba comes in last.

I met a Thai guy working for Princess cruises and he told me the reason I havent met "the right Thai guy" is that I am looking in the wrong places (go go bars , saunas and soi 4) he said there are better guys but they dont go to those places....like himself, he's pretty awesome.

It's a big world and I think alot of us here are trying to cover it all...but I find that if someone disagrees with someone about a country that the other person loves...Trilingual for example with Brasil...that you will never be right in their eyes...know what I mean?

you know I'm right Tri....No?

>you dont have to worry if your cologne, camera and cell phone is locked up and secure in Thailand as in Brasil.

A bulging wallet or expensive digital camera or mobile left on a nightstand or dresser pose a great temptation when the rent is due or it has been a slow month. I suggest that even in Thailand it is a very good idea to not leave valuable items lying around the room. Although the odds are pretty good that a barboy won't swipe anything, this is a far from a certainty. And your risks go up if you bring back a moneyboy not affiliated with a bar. Thefts happen all the time - the only surprise is that they don't happen much more often. As for street crime, the worst thing most tourists in Thailand have to worry about is pickpocketing. Although walking around alone in Bangkok or Pattaya is much safer than walking around Rio, bad things can and do happen. Exercise some normal precautions and you should have a wonderful visit.

• 9 months later...

Today I am rereading some of my takes regarding previous traveling, as I've been home from Argentina and Brasil for a mere week after spending almost a month away. In fact, if we were to turn the clock backward, this would have been the second day of our experiences (last month).

But that is NOT why I write. In rereading the other posts, I will definitely have to agree with Rampo regarding guarding one's personal possessions in Thailand as well as Brasil or anywhere.

If a guy is desperate and is in need of more money-- he, in some respects, will steal or take that which does not belong to him and will reap additional money for his and perhaps his family's welfare!

So, guys, protect your stuff anywhere and place to be on the safe side.

Archived