New Years in Pattaya!!!!!!!!!!??????

Axiom2001
This topic is 6702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This year (if plans happen)-- I will be in Pattaya during New Year's Eve, New Years... Should I make reservations now for dinner, or should I wait until I arrive in Pattaya on 30 December? I don't want to be stuck, but some of the venues which are presently advertising their New Year Eve dinner menu state that one should make his plans/reservations NOW!

I am UNFAMILIAR with the various restaurants and do not know which one will meet my fancy and my impending guest/s at this time! Suggestions?

I'd appreciate all serious and helpful responses! Thanks! Axiom :-) :-)

Guest chaotou

Sorry to see no one was able to help you out. There hasn't been many post in here lately.

If in doubt, i'd probably make the reservation. I have never been to Pattaya. I hope to visit there on my next trip to Thailand. I did just get back from a week in Bangkok. I am sure you will have a blast.

Have you tired posting your question on any other board about Thailand? They seem to have more traffic.

Good luck and have fun.

If you haven't already, check out http://www.gaythailand.com/ It's a brand new site so not everything is up to speed but they do have city guides, reviews of restaurants and bars by city and links to other related sites.

There is a brand new message board and the site owners are are local and may be able to help you out as well.

Have fun on your trip.

Barry :)

RE: New Years in Pattaya

If You stay at any of the larger Hotels they will require that you pay for New years dinner at the Hotel

Otherewise yoy will probably have a better time just going to one of the many Thai restaurants instead of eating at a farang(Westerner) restaurant.

I know one thing for sure , if you make any freinds of Thai boys and want to take them to dinner they will not appreciate a western restaurant or the food that they serve.

You will have a much better time if you let them choose the restaurant!!!!

Thanks tremendously, guys for coming through for me!! All INFORMATION that precedes my thanks is appreciated and indeed helpful; it has also put a spark in me regarding my impending visit which is planned to take place within a mere 17 days!

I've received information from you as well as from (I guess) the owner of LeCafeRoyale; I've also received the info packet via email from Tom at LeCafe which I have to read; it's 18 pages of print...

This trip to Thailand, especially when I am on my own for 2wks after being with a small group for the other 2 will be quite, quite different from my two previous ones which has now become a slight blur....

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from Thailand and Pattaya, but can't offer much in the way of western food restaurants. I do know that Bruno's has a rather good reputation, and I personally like Greg's Kitchen. Here's a list of some other Pattaya restaurants:

http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/3/10/

Firecat's comments about Thai guys and their food preferences are spot on - very few are keen on western food. My Thai friend will eat the occasional steak or pork chop, but that's about it. In any case, most of the truly fun New Year activities will be taking place on the streets, the bars or the beach.

Since I have a Western food fetish, when I would take a guy and his friends to dinner I would pick a place that served both Western and Thai food. Even so, the Thai guys would always choose Western entrees as a courtesy to the host.

I have always wanted to spend New Year's Eve in Pattaya, so I hope Axiom will report faithfully how it goes!

Guest icon513

Also depends on what type of "Thai guys" you're talking about. Western restaurants in Bangkok are packed every day with upwardly mobile, educated Thai people. But less educated and less worldly Thais (i.e., the kind of Thai boy most short-time visitors end up with) may not be familiar with (or enjoy eating) anything more unusual than pizza or steak.

>Also depends on what type of "Thai guys" you're talking about...

You are, of course, correct. The less "worldly" - Thai or American - tend to prefer the familiar over the unfamiliar. Most of the "Thai guys" one is likely to encounter in Pattaya are of the less worldly variety and are more likely to prefer Thai food on most occasions - som tam will win out over pate de foie gras almost every time.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived