Philippines Fun

AdMan500
This topic is 7189 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the Philipinne in 2000.

We cannot compare Philipine with Thailand. There are some bars in Manilla where boy are dancing like in Bangkok. They were quite difficult to find (I am sorry but I tried to get the adress but I could not find it)

The only 2 bars I found had each about 10 to 15 boys. Far not like in Thailand. The price were also higher.

I went then to Boracay. Very nice Island with fair night life. It is mainly straight but you can find renting boy in straight discotek. They are very discret.

Now it is also possible that I did not find the right spot, It would be interesting to read some other experience of this country.

Let us know when you come back.

purititiwangpresents-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

You can subscribe to this yahoo group and it has addresses and pictures of bois for rent in the Philippines. Where exactly in Manila are you staying? If you are staying in Quezon City, that is where most gay bars are. You could also pick up rent boys at the mall, sorry I forgot the name of the mall but there are quite few malls in Manila. Happy Hunting :9

I have not been to either place, but I do know several Filipino-American guys. It seem that the influence of the Roman Catholic Church in the Philippines means that attitudes there towards gays and sexuality is quite conservative. Not at all like Buddhist Thailand.

I find some Filipino guys to be incredibly hot though...so maybe you'll have some good luck.

Yes--let us know. Manila had a big rentboy scene in the early-mid 90s. There are a couple cheesy exploitation videos that have portrayed "midnight dancers" from those venues and also hinted at a scene that centered on the now-gone US military installations. The go-go bar scene and everything else was largely wiped out by Manila mayor who went after prostitition in a big way. For a brief time, Manila was a real center for underage prostitution in SE Asia, as well, and going after this was part of the crackdown. Afterward, Phenom Penh became more firmly established as the child prostitution center for the region.

The upstream comments about Buddhism and homosexuality are pretty laughable. Buddhist doctrine has little if anything directly to say about homosexuality although sex outside of procreation is pretty much frowned upon, but many contemporary Buddhist thinkers have made pretty blunt anti-gay statements. This has included prominent monks who would otherwise be considered social progressives. People who confuse Soi 4 and Patayaland 2 with reality should take a look at the work of Peter Jackson, an Aussie academic who has looked extensively at homosexuality in Thailand and contemporary Buddhism, in general. Jackson speaks and reads Thai fluently and has gone through an incredible amount of documentary evidence. he's also written some fiction that suggests that he's made it to the bars, too.

Archived