The Babylon in Bangkok

Axiom2001
This topic is 7226 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

To all of you Thailand aficionados-- I have been to Bangkok on two other occasions but never went to the Babylon although I was encouraged. I want to go when I am there this coming November/December. What's the protocol? I haven't been to any bathhouse since the early- mid 80s, but I have been to saunas in Rio (that have boys for pay.) I'm not looking for this type of experience, but I'd like to know something about this venue before going there.

Please write, write, write!

I plan to wear my sexy boxers with a matching tshirt; I'm far from being "girlie"-- but I abhor those damn skimpy towels. Would this be frowned upon there? It wasn't last October while I was in Rio at the saunas!!

Axiom,

Babylon is great fun if you are not shy. They have a great sauna and there is tons of action going on there. I have found weekends are fun and the action normally doesn't get started until around dark. I have had friends that go to the sauna there over and over on every trip in Bangkok.

As you said, it is not like the saunas in Brazil. I have not found the boys for hire at the saunas but I have never not found someone to play with there either. :)

I like getting there in the afternoon, getting a nice Thai massage, taking a swim, relaxing a bit by the pool and having a few drinks. When the crowd builds up, more fun is to be had.

Now, saying all this, I will say I prefer B and N and the money boys to Babylon. The sauna room is very dark and often a bit uncomfortable for me. I like to be touched but my eyesight is not so good these days and I do prefer to see who is touching me. :)

Guest icon513

You might feel out of place wearing boxers and a t-shirt. Everyone wears a towel, which are generous at Babylon (not skimpy). They also have cotton kimonos you can wear over the towel.

If you want to swim in the glorious pool, be sure to take a swimsuit (no nude swimming is allowed, in deference to the neighbors).

Archived