Beach Boys & Hot Encounters

TotallyOz
This topic is 7123 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I find that many of the boys at the beach are the same ones day after day. However, often there are surprises. Yesterday, as I was leaving the beach, my boys from Soho were coming to take a quick afternoon dip. In the group, 5 boys all of whom I have seen in my room, and then an additional friend. The friend was stunning. A creature of the most profound beauty. Yes, it was a ladyboy but not one that works at the gogo bars. This ladyboy works in a larger show club in Pattaya. I instantly wanted to spend time with him but wasn't sure how to pull this off as I couldn't go and off him at a bar. Solution: one of my SoHo boys asked me to take him to Karoke with me and I said I would the next time I went. The ladyboy said the he wanted to go as well. I said, "well, I don't really know you." He said, "well, how about I come over to see you tonight after my show." Deal done. Karoke set this week with a few additional boys.

BTW: He lived up to my every expectation and then beyond. A lovely boy in and out of bed. :)

What a fucking amazing city!

Oz,

Your Tales of Thailand truly have me almost packing a suitcase.

Regrettably, much of your earlier posts was lost in HooBoy's computer crash. Would you please tell us (again) the difference between Bangkok and Pattaya for play? Different scenes? Relative costs? Worth going to both? Any other cities on the “must do” list?

Is a visa necessary?

Guest rampo

I'm sure that TotallyOz will have more to say on the subject, but in brief:

No advance visa is required - you automatically receive a 30-day visa stamped into your passport when you arrive at Don Muang airport. No extra passport photos are required. Bangkok is a huge city with more than 10 million people, Pattaya is a beach town about 2 hours drive southeast of Bangkok on the eastern shore of the Gulf of Thailand.

In Bangkok, the main area that most gay tourists will visit for nightlife is Silom, which has its own Skytrain station. Silom has dozens of gay gogo bars with young Thai men available for hire. It's been a few years since I've offed someone from a bar (my Thai boyfriend doesn't like it), but I think the off-fee that you pay the bar for a barboy is 300 or 400 baht (40 baht=$1). The usually expected minimum tip/fee is roughly 1200 baht for short-time (a couple of hours), 1500-2000 for overnight. Some of the more popular barboys may have higher expectations. Perfectly fine hotels can be found in the $30 to $75 range; if your tastes are more expensive, more expensive hotels are also readily available. I rarely spend more than a couple of days in Bangkok as the air pollution, heat, humidity and traffic are all rather horrific there.

Pattaya has two main gay bar areas, Pattayaland/Boyztown and Sunee Plaza, about a 10-minute walk from each other. Boyztown is usually the place any first timer would hang out- there are gay hotels, outdoor gay bars for sitting and boy-watching, and gogo bars all on the same small street. Many tourists simply spend their time bouncing between Boyztown and the Dongtan area of Jomtien Beach, the gay area of the beach with lots of Thai eye candy and, if you're alone, available companionship. Tip expectations are around 1000 baht for short-time, 1500 for overnight, maybe a little bit lower for Sunee Plaza or beach freelancers (the latter should be considered AYOR). If you have any question as to whether your companion is of "legal" age, you should check his ID and make sure the birth year is no higher than 2528, which makes him 19. You could take a chance at 2529, but unless you can read Thai and know the abbreviations for birth months, 2528 is safer. The popular gay hotels in Boyztown, Ambiance Hotel and Le Cafe Royale Hotel, run around $30-$75 a night (no swimming pool); you can find very nice hotels a bit farther away for as low as $20-$25 a night. I think TotallyOz stays at the Marriott, so that would cost you quite a bit more.

Phuket/Patong Beach is bit more upscale than Pattaya. Hotels and transportation will cost a bit more, but it has a good selection of gay bars there, although not nearly as many as Bangkok or Pattaya. Chiang Mai is a northern city which can be a nice change of pace for a few days. Only a handful of gay bars, but enough to keep you busy.

http://www.dreadedned.com and http://www.pattayagay.com have a good deal of helpful information for the gay traveller to Thailand, as does the Thailand message board at http://www.cruisingforsex.com.

Just my 2 cents worth...

I think Bangkok is a lot of fun, but since I drink (quite a bit) it can be expensive. I spend exactly 1/2 as much in Pattaya as in Bangkok. I thought the previous post amounts for a short time and overnight were kinda high. But as in Rio, some like to indulge.

From my experience (about 20 times to Thailand) and friends with managers at hotels in Pattaya and BKK, the norm for BKK is 900-1000 for short time and about 1200 for overnight in Pattaya is 700-1000 for short time and 1200 for overnight. Of course many people will say it's more, but believe me, "it's up to you".

I wouldn't waste my time or money going to Chiang Mai or Phuket when you have BKK and Pattaya, there is no beating it in Thailand. But as gays often do , we look for greaner pastures even when we have near perfection. Like I explain to my friends that I've travelled with...you take any 1 guy in Rio, Thailand or wherever and we might not look at him twice in their own country because there is so many BUT put him in a mall or bar here in the US and we would be drooling over him.

Also, I have stayed at Tartawan place a lot and also, BBB inn and for 1/2 the cost I would stay at BBB Inn, about $25USD per night and incredibly convenient and the guys are super nice. I love Tarntawan but for the difference in price I would go to BBB.

In Pattay, for me I like Ambiance ALOT. Not expensive and in the heart of the action and good room service food.

I know a lot of guys here like the better hotels and money isn't an object, but when it is and you need to conserve a little, let me know...I'll guide you...although I'm not a backpacker and Hostel person, you can still save money and have a comfortable, relaxing and great time.

TIT...This Is Thailand

I think both posts above were good advice and fairly accurate. I like both Bangkok and Pattaya. I think the major difference is expense and the kind of boys. In Pattaya you spend less. They have tons of nice bars in Pattaya to keep you entertained and the pressure is not there to off a boy as much as I felt in Bangkok.

I like both cities. But, I also like Phuket as I found many boys there were of my liking as well. I think the cost of Phuket is higher because it caters to a different crowd.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

A couple more questions, please: Is security a big concern? In Rio, it's not wise to bring a new friend to your hotel room. The hourly motels are safer. Thailand?

Also, I'm a top-only kind of guy. Is finding bottoms difficult? Any cultural issues there?

Guest rampo

Security is not as great a concern as in Rio, but common sense precautions like locking away your valuables is always a good idea. Many of the hotels that allow "guests" will keep the barboy's ID at the front desk while he is in your room. The rule of thumb is that you are safer with someone offed from a bar than with a freelancer or someone picked up from the beach. That doesn't mean that the occasional barboy won't swipe something or that freelancers in general will, but if a barboy steals your camera, you at least know where you can probably find him after the theft is noticed.

As floridarob notes, tipping guidelines will vary from person to person. Depending on the bar and city you are in, expectations will vary. A popular bar host will expect more than a new barboy who hasn't been offed for several nights and has the rent due in the next few days. A bar host from Pattaya's BoyzBoyzBoyz probably has higher expectations that one from A-Bomb. And the suggestions I posted are for a good, satisfying experience - if the experience is not so great and it is the barboy's fault, you are entitled to reduce the tip, and if it's a great experience, you may be inclined to give a bit more. The amount we are differing about is about $5 to $10, so it isn't an amount that will break most people's banks. And while many, many things are much cheaper in Thailand, the prices charged for drinks at gogo bars do not fall into that category.

I mentioned Chiang Mai and Phuket because there are times when many will find that the Bangkok and Pattaya scenes are getting a bit routine. If you are strictly going for sex, a trip limited to Bangkok and Pattaya will be fine, and certainly for a first-timer those locations will more than suffice and may be a bit overwhelming (in a good way). But there is much more to Thailand than those two locations. Phuket/Patong Beach and Chiang Mai are quite different from Pattaya and Bangkok, and there are still plenty of commercial sex opportunities available there. Since you've taken a 24-hour trip to get to Thailand, you may want to see as much as you can.

As for finding bottoms, there are plenty who will bottom and more who say they will until they get into your hotel room and tell you "Too big." Most bars have a mix of gay and straight barboys, so it is good to make sure that expectations are spelled out before you off the guy your interested in. Every bar has a mamasan/captain who should be able to work with you to get your expectations across. It's not a science - there may be occasional disappointments, but the system works reasonably well. Common sense should tell you that a strutting, macho-acting barboy is not as likely to be a bottom than a barboy who is a bit more on the effeminate side.

The above reads really have me considering a return to Thailand. I've been to BK, Pattaya, Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai and liked as well as appreciated what's offered-- culturally as well as sexually.

When I was in Pattaya, I stayed at a small inn which was directly across the road from Jonteim Beach. Its location was indeed convenient if one wanted to have company in his room after a few hours of sand and sun. ...sorry I've forgotten the name and cannot locate the card which cites specifics.

• 4 months later...

I met a guy at the beach on my last trip and really enjoyed his company. My first day at the beach this time, he was there and sitting with me every day for 10 days. I have a friend here from USA and we came to Bangkok for the weekend. I didn't know I had to check in with anyone for permission. :)

A little after noon today, I got a call from a frantic farang who was at the beach with my guy. The guy kept walking around the beach asking for me for the last 2 days and my friends finally said to hell with it. They called me at my hotel and put the boy on the phone. I explained to him that I came to Bangkok for a few days. My friends said he was almost in tears when they tried to tell him I was not in Pattaya. :) He didn't understand until I talked to him that I would be back after the weekend.

Is this love? Or, is Oz spoiling the him rotten? :) Well, scratch number 1 from the list so I guess there is only one alternative. :)

Beach Boys are so much fun at times. I don't go with many of them but there are some that are special. Don't just overlook them as you never know what will come your way. Keep your eyes open and listen hard and you will not only see the smiles but hear them, here in the Land that is full of them!

Archived